Mauviel 1830 copper cookware - now sold in my local supermarket :-)

So I just read through this weeks special offers in our local supermarket in Copenhagen, a supermarket called Fotex. It’s not fancy by any means, but has a good butcher.

Must say I got surprised when I saw they will sell Mauviel (thin) copper cookware in August as part of special sales campaign.

I think it’s the Mauviel 1830 thin copper cookware line (1 mm copper or even less) - but still it’s pretty good going for a supermarket to sell Mauviel copper cookware, or is it a sign of how Mauviel seem to have dropped in brand recognition over the last few years ?

I still love my Mauviel cookware and use it almost daily (mostly my M’Cook, but also my M250c pans)

What’s the world coming to ?

My local supermarket sells Mauviel copper cookware :laughing:

3 Likes

Wow that’s amazing. So, what are some of the prices?

1 Like

No prices as of yet. Just the announcement.

But it’s part of their ‘gold mark campaign’ where you have to collect gold marks (or is it called gold stamps in English, I don’t know) each time you buy there and then with the right number of gold marks you can get the pans for a very reasonable price.

Last month they sold Zwilling pans and without the gold marks they were priced quite normal, but with the gold marks you could get a sauce pan for 195,- dkr ($28), which was far below normal price, like 25% of normal price or even cheaper.

1 Like