Mashed Potatoes

I don’t do potatoes often, but when I do I make sure it’s absolutely loaded with everything that’s supposed to kill you.

1 Like

Hooooooly fuck that is just obscene. I am definitely making that, thank you for showing me the light!!

I’m with you. Although I prefer a more frequent mini-death from red alcohol. :grinning:

That is so cute! My favorite dinner when I was three was a baked potato. There’s actually a photo of me beaming over a giant russet in my baby album. I think we had just moved to upstate New York from either Budapest or Vienna, and the potatoes in America were huge!

2 Likes

I love skordalia with beets. The salty, garlicky dip is a great match for the earthiness and sweetness of the beets :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It sounds like a good combo.

My most vivid sense memories for Skordalia is as a Friday or Lenten dish with Bacalao or salt cod fritters in Greece. You would see this everywhere.

The two dishes are also really inexpensive and easy to make.

From Diane Kochilas:

Smyrna Style Cod Fritters

This is one of the most classic ways to prepare salt cod in the Greek kitchen.

Ingredients
1 pound salt cod fillets, desalted*
1 ½ cups chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 large onion, chopped
1 large egg, lightly beaten
¾ -1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, preferably
Olive oil or vegetable oil for frying
Skordalia as an accompaniment
Instructions
Once the cod is desalted, blanch it in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Remove, cool, and shred.
In a mixing bowl together stir together the parsley, onion and egg. Add ¾ cup flour and baking soda and stir. Mix in the cod. Season to taste with salt and pepper. The mixture will look like a chunky batter.
Heat about 3 inches / 7 ½ cm of oil in a heavy saucepan until just below the smoking point. Take a tablespoon at a time of the croquettes and fry until golden and crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all the batter is used up. Serve hot with skordalia.

http://www.dianekochilas.com/smyrna-style-cod-fritters/

But Skordalia is delicious any way you serve it.

2 Likes

Roasted Garlic Mash tonight.

Potatoes cooked in chikn broth and drained with heavy cream, sour cream and chives.

Sliced garlic in EVO sizzling.

Light brown heat off.

Add toasted garlic to Potatoes.

The mash, ended up more of a puree thanks to too much heavy cream.

But it’s delishus.

Has great toasty garlic flavor.

2 Likes

CARBS!!!

I see your mashed tater’s and raise you 2 mashed cauliflowers!!

IMG_5291

1 Like

Any toasted garlic in that cauliflower?

Negative

So what went with that delishus cauliflower mash?

Nice beaters by the way ! That looks just like my mixer. 20 years on and going strong.

Weeks meal plan/prep also had an eye round in the oven. (Balsamic chicken, turkey burgers and port chops)

2 Likes