Manhattan jury duty (100 centre) eats?

good idea! we used to walk up from fidi for lunch and hit some of these but one of ny colleagues used to choose the same 2-3 places.

wow, didnt realize frenchette bakery was in the arcade space! seems like thats pre-jury duty must stop sprinkled in with some egg amd portugese tarts from tai pan.

i’m starting to line up excuses for my next doctors visit :rofl:

the consensus from the ho dinner (which i missed) seemed to be uncle lous was about on the same level as wus, i guess u disagree?

Dim Sum Go Go is right there. We had an excellent lunch there last year.

1 Like

Dont know as I’ve never been to Wu’s I dont think.

Had to remind myself

That was a year ago?! Could we slow things down a bit? I’m getting older more quickly each year.

On a related note, any Le Sia fans here? I havent been since they moved to Hell’s Kitchen.

I had their food a little under 2 years ago. My experience was poor. I got a bunch of skewers: lamb, pork belly, lamb kidney, chicken heart and lamb testicles. Everything was overgrilled and chewy and so uniformly cuminy that it was hard to tell which was which. I don’t know about you, but I like to be able to tell my testicles from my kidney.

I also got the “Asian style Etoufee” from which the promised crawfish was woefully almost missing – just a shred here and there. What saved the meal were two appetizers – peanuts with black vinegar, and “Mr. Peanut and Mrs. Edamame”.

2 Likes

Thanks for the writeup. Without revealing TMI I do agree on telling testicles from other body parts

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering if dim sum for one person works.

1 Like

Do what I do. Eat for two.

2 Likes

who knew jury duty could be so much fun!

1 Like

They have a meat/seafood dim sum platter for $21.95 (was much cheaper not very long ago) that has good variety and the pieces are reasonably small, so I think it would be good for one. My wife and I did that and the ten-piece vegetable platter and were not too full.

Here’s what’s on the meat/seafood one:

Includes 1 piece of each: Shrimp Dumpling, Shrimp & Pork Shui Mai, Chicken & Mushroom Shui Mai, Crab Meat Dumpling, Pork & Vegetable Dumpling, Duck Dumpling, Chicken Dumpling, Seafood (shrimp and scallop) Dumpling, Curry Beef Dumpling, Chive & Shrimp Dumpling

2 Likes

Easy for you to say, juiced as you must be on Honey Deuce.

1 Like

I want to be on a jury so badly.

Virginia, where I live, didn’t use to automatically disqualify lawyers. So 10 or 15 years ago when I got a summons for jury duty, I went on the appointed day, hoping to get selected.

During the voir dire of the prospective jurors, one of the first questions was whether anyone was a lawyer. I stood up.

The next question was whether anyone in your family was a lawyer or had worked for a law firm. My wife had worked as a paralegal many years ago, so I stood up again.

The next question was whether you knew any of the lawyers on the case. I did, so I stood up again.

The next question was whether you had ever had a case before the judge hearing the case. I stood up again.

The case involved an alleged brain injury and the next question was whether you or anyone in your family had suffered a brain injury.

My stepbrother had had a traumatic brain injury in a motorcycle accident, so I sighed and started to stand up again.

As I did so, one of the other prospective jurors said in a loud stage whisper, “BINGO!”

I didn’t get selected.

5 Likes

In an attempt to redeem myself for a clearly “non-food” post, here is a shot of the two dim sum samplers at Dim Sum Go Go so you can get an idea of the portion sizes and variety.

For what it’s worth (i.e., not very much) Dim Sum Go Go does have a Michelin Bib Gourmand designation.

2 Likes

that looks good, i have been to dgogo a bunch of times, there was something or other on the menu that was not dim sum but a must order, let me take a look at the menu

1 Like

that’s funny, i was thinking about the shortest answer i could give to be excused and not be thrown in jail.

2 Likes

Whaaat? Absolutely it does!

I don’t do platters —3-4 of my favorites, and any pieces left to go for a snack later.

Golden unicorn is right across the street too. Depends on what you’re in the mood for. Though both are a further walk from the courthouse, so depends on how long a break you have. Ping’s is a lot closer.