I have lunchtime appointments in Mission Bay and am looking for restaurant recommendations near there or along the south eastern edge of SF.
We have our infant in tow, so need a place that doesn’t get too slammed with crowds, has easy parking and seating, and has something interesting enough to warrant not eating closer to home on the Mission/Noe Valley border. Any style of food is fine except for standard American breakfast/diner stuff.
Some options we’ve tried so far overlap with a previous request for commuting breakfast near 101.
- Aina (Dogpatch) Contemportary Hawaiian, not too slammed midweek for lunch
- Marcella’s Lasagneria (Dogpatch) a good pick for takeout too
- Huli huli (bayview) Hawaiian, indoor and outdoor seating. Tasty super Hawaiian burrito with Kimchi fried rice.
- Queen’s Louisiana po-boy (portola) ratio of fried oysters, bread, and dressing makes a great po-boy. They’re as busy as they deserve, but that means a longer wait than we’d prefer.
- Craftsman and Wolves den (Bayview): picked over by lunchtime, not a good option