Lunch 2024

A good cheeseburger is a thing of beauty.

3 Likes

Hear hear!

Another fab lunch of Cajun shrimp tacos (the shrimp are always good, but they were cooked absolutely perfectly today - plump, juicy, and bursting with flavor. The roast pork was excellent as ever, and very filling.

5 Likes

I made a batch of dumplings a couple of days ago. First time using glutinous rice flour in the dough. Classic pork and cabbage filling.

12 Likes

I’m going to lower the bar for culinary excellence here by a few miles … to show off my new toy.

OK — for lunch — Sammie with Jambon de Paris ham, shaved onions, and sweet/hot mustard. Dregs of a bag of chips and a jar of pickles. Can we figure out it was use up/clean out day? Why yes, yes we can.

My bev:

But now for my new toy:

I’m as happy as a pig in … whipped cream! Can’t wait to try out other stuff.

11 Likes

Chilaquiles Rojo With Scrambled Eggs And Moro Beans

14 Likes

Took mom out to celebrate her 84th trip around the sun. Baingan Bharta, malai kofta, chicken vindaloo, saag lamb. Not pictured: Pani puri

20 Likes

The prettiest part of lunch today, Alon Shaya’s roasted cauliflower. I halved the cauliflower so the bottom is as brown as the top. This is served with a feta cheese sauce which I didn’t make. The browning on the bottom is a plus! I had this “quite some time ago” at one of his restaurants, Domenica in New Orleans. It is first cooked in a court bouillon prior to roasting at high heat. I adapted it from his recipe on Food52.

12 Likes

That looks so good!

1 Like

Recommend!

Did you follow any recipe or did you wing it?

It’s on Food52, maybe elsewhere as well…Whole Roasted Cauliflower, I just have the basics in my notes. The broth needs to be well salted.
ETA The sauce served with it is quite nice but I just spritzed with evoo and Parmesan which suited my needs today.

1 Like

“Ramen shrimp omelet”
“Say what, now?”
“You heard me”

8 Likes

Should called louder & I’d be on my way over already :eyes: :drooling_face:

1 Like

Fresh fettuccine with Rao’s marinara

11 Likes

I had a couple of cups of pork stock, and some tomatoes, so I made egg and tomato noodle soup.

Quick, easy, and so good!

12 Likes

Eggs and tomatoes go together just like peanut butter and jelly.

Just a perfect symbiotic combo.

2 Likes

That might explain why I dislike both combinations.

Today’s lunch was rock soup. I bought the hot Italian sausages called for but they weren’t that hot at all. In future I will continue buying hot Italian sausages at the Italian grocer.

5 Likes