Lunch 2023 (!)

Tastes differ, obviously. But we have enjoyed the José Andrés version, and guests for whom we have made it also enjoyed it.

1 Like

Or the one with hash browns, I’ve made it, it came out great.

1 Like

A spectacular lunch at Saint Peter, Sydney Australia. Oysters, marlin prosciutto, a selection of raw fish (kingfish, snapper and a type who’s name I forgot that was lighly smoked and seared and was delicious, with deep fried fish maw on top), tuna tartare with blinis, and for the finale, sea urchin on buttered brioche.

7 Likes

That would be great, provided I could get my hands on some good potato chips.

Fish tacos

9 Likes

Good to see they are still going strong, I had a delicious dinner there in late 2019.

1 Like

Ginger scallion noodles with a fried egg.

8 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

Toast Skagen again, very easy with precooked shrimp meat.

6 Likes

Yeah, but pasta and a green salad just naturally go together naturally, imho.

1 Like

No roe?

A man needs fish eggs! :yum:

I ran out!

Fish and chips from Tipene’s Takeaway. Auckland, New Zealand. I do not consider myself as a person prone to hyperbole, but these are the best fish and chips I’ve ever eaten in my life. On their recommendation, I chose snapper. Their homemade tartar sauce was redolent with lemon and parsley, and was so bright and fresh tasting. And the chips were amazing as well. Definitely returning before the end of my stay here. (And all of this food cost ~$12USD!)

16 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Yum

1 Like

Homegrown salad
Teriyaki grilled chicken thighs

8 Likes

Toasted cheese (mozz, aged chedder, smoked gouda) on bread using mayo and grated parm/romano the outside.

The bread was this loaf I made yesterday that reminded me of Edvard Munch’s The Scream.

17 Likes

:drooling_face:

2 Likes

Hot diggity that grilled cheese, tho… :star_struck: :drooling_face: :melting_face:

2 Likes