Lunch 2022

Layered egg salad sandwich on oat, whole wheat, rye ;
honey bread. Thinly sliced cucs, egg salad, sliced hard boiled egg and another layer of cucs.
Peach sorbet with blackberry coulis.

11 Likes

Thank you, farmers!

I often go to this farm next to the woods to buy kale, squashes and sometimes asparagus. This was from the other day. Only a few summer squashes for now, but soon they’ll harvest all different kinds of squashes and pumpkins. I hope they grow Lakota again this year. It’s my favourite.

Red Kuri is ready now. One of of my favourites.

Bought 3. I don’t like courgette-tasting squashes.

You put money in a small meta box (right corner of photo)

9 Likes

Lovely selection of squashes!

2 Likes

Flatbread

Tomatoes and Turkish pickles

Other bits: Mettwurst, soft eggs, hummus, sardines.

Dips: beetroot and spinach ones contain mixed nuts. Hummus. “Sugar baby gold” melon.

Bought 3 squashes at the farm and then went for a walk in the woods.

The countryside, only 15 minutes biking and I’m there.

Country road

One of the paths

Silent woods

High temperatures and prolonged periods of dryness have taken a toll on many trees and plants, big and small. Fern. Dead leaves everywhere. Perfectly healthy and green acorns are dropping untimely due to weather-related stress. First fungus, it’s very new and orange.

7 Likes

Yet another egg fried rice!

11 Likes

And lunch today….Smoked salmon on lightly toasted whole grain bread, made in casa. Hiding under the salmon, cream cheese, tiny bit horseradish, red onion, cucs and capers.
Dessert was plum tart with streusel topping and vanilla gelato.

13 Likes

I made some baguettes today and had a jambon beurre sandwich for lunch with some good butter, and also a salad.

14 Likes

Three tacos from a local catering business that has been setting up a stand at the downtown farmers market lately.

Chile-lime chicken, lamb barbacoa, 5-spice ground lamb. Far from authentic, but great flavors all around.

9 Likes

I discovered Red Kuri for the first time last year. It is a favorite!

2 Likes

And yesterday’s lunch….Genovisini rigatoni with sausage, yellow and green zucs, julienned sorrel and basil…garlic , of course.
Tangerine sorbet for dessert.

13 Likes

Tomato and Mushroom Omelette from Simple Chinese Cooking by Kyle Kwong. Served with rice and chili crisp.

11 Likes

Red Kuri is very nice. One of my top favourites. But then last year I discovered lakota…

Lakota on left, net to the beer glass: orange/pink salmon colour squash with splashes of green. Orange flesh, dense, and very sweet.

Very soon it’ll be like this at the farm

There’s more on display but you get the idea. I’m only interested in lakota now :star_struck:

6 Likes

Fork for size perspective.

6 Likes

And lunch yesterday was: PLT, crispy griddled prosciutto, romaine and tomatoes. Freshly baked bread from the morning smelled too fresh and fragrant to toast and it worked out perfectly.
A small slice of plum torte with apricot/nectarine ice cream was dessert.

12 Likes

I can’t beat @Nannybakes’s delightful prashoot-tomato sanguich, for sure.

I was craving a BLT, but didn’t want to stink up the kitchen, then didn’t want bread :roll_eyes:, and I didn’t want to “default” to yet another tomato sammich.

And so, my lunch was brought to you & me (but mostly me :joy:) by summer’s bountiful heirlooms from the local FM. With TJ’s Greek feta, TJ’s kalamata oil, Greek oregano, red onion, s&p. 'twas good.

7 Likes

I’m thinking I like crispy prosciutto better than bacon…dare I say that? Your lunch looks luscious!

3 Likes

Mine, but with avacado.

6 Likes

+1 on the sugar rant. I might use a pinch in my bread starter, just to get the yeast hyped up. Otherwise, just another product with sugar in it that sure doesn’t need it.

1 Like

Cheese steak fundido subs, tater tots

9 Likes

Mop up the juices with bread. :tomato:

Tomatoes :drooling_face: :tomato: :drooling_face: :tomato: :drooling_face::tomato: :drooling_face::tomato:

When it comes to good tomatoes I only eat them in their most pure form. Their wonderful flavour is highly enhanced when drenched in good olive oil and oregano as in tomates aliñados (“dressed tomatoes” - Spanish) or Greek-style with oregano, feta and olives. Next time visit your friend in Valencia and eat tomates aliñados every day.

Tomates aliñados as served in Andalucia

9 Likes