Local food all along I-95 (DC-FL)

Here’s an update and curated list of good, even great local places to eat along I-95 from the Washington area south. There are no chains and no fast food places, although you can get in and out of all of them promptly – and some suggestions for overnights, depending on your point of origin and destination. https://johntannersbbqblog.wordpress.com/2020/11/15/best-places-to-eat-near-i-95-from-washington-dc-to-florida/
Additional suggestions are welcome. And who wants to start a list north of DC?

4 Likes

This post reminds me of the Sterns/RoadFood. And I thank for this.

I wish I could contribute north of DC (I’m just barely outside Boston) but I’ve never done that drive from down South. Secondhand, I know there’s good Korean and Vietnamese in northern VA/MD.

There is, indeed. I’m mainly familiar with Vietnamese places, but they’re a trek from 95. I know some good places on New England but need to check distance from 95. And I need. A critical mass for a blog post. Send me any ideas, and if you can include a comment or 3 and a picture, I can make it a post

1 Like

If the Beltway is considered I-95, then we’d guess you might mean the Falls Church area, where we can tout local favorite Mark’s Duck House for a largely Cantonese menu.

1 Like

How many miles from exits qualify?

It depends on how good the place is. I’d say 20 minutes tops

Bone Appetit, you’ve raised an interesting existential question – what is 95? I’mm thinking that it’s whatever is the fastest way south through DC. I’ll have to look into that. Meanwhile, thanks for the tip on Mark’s Duck House. I love duck, and will give it a try

1 Like
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold