Local 130 Seafood (shop), Asbury Park

They’re the purveyors to ALL of the top restaurants around the state. Hard-working legit fishermen.

4 Likes

Tonight Mrs. P made a delicious roasted whole red snapper from Local 130. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

5 Likes

i assumed that Local 130 would deliver all the way up to me in Bergen County, but it seems that they will for a $15 delivery fee, which i am MORE than happy to pay. i’m so excited about this discovery.

2 Likes

It is well worth the $15 delivery fee. They delivered to me in Passaic County within 24 hours in their Local 130 Seafood van. I ordered Tuesday night and received my order the next day before noon.

2 Likes

Whole snapper for the win! The bone is home :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mrs. P made the wild caught bigeye tuna two ways tonight; tartare and black and white sesame encrusted.
Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread link below.

3 Likes

Great press for these guys!

4 Likes

I placed an order last night that arrived around lunchtime today, and I was very happy with everything I received. No picture (I got caught up with wiping down the packages… probably unnecessary, but can never be too careful nowadays), but I ordered salmon, monkfish, shrimp, tuna, and fluke. My order was missing an item but I was immediately given a refund and a discount code for my next order, which I will definitely use. Already made some Old Bay steamed shrimp and a saffron-infused monkfish stew, and both were terrific!

7 Likes

I love these guys! Placed an order last night and it arrived around noon today. So excited for halibut for dinner!

3 Likes

Still making our way through our order. What a great team.

10 Likes

Just wondering if everything is frozen or fresh or a mix?

The fish arrived fresh, boxed with a few ice bags on top. The delivery was placed at night and arrived mid morning the following day.

Both of my deliveries so far were all fresh. Really beautiful fish.

3 Likes

I was surprised that my delivery came yesterday with no ice packs.

I’m surprised to read that.

1 Like

Just another example of ocean polluting. Look at all those fish stuck in plastic bags!!

3 Likes

I am too… @fershore I assume everything was nice and cool in spite of missing ice packs? Every post I’ve seen (here and elsewhere) talks about how well-packaged everything always is.

I don’t recall mine having ice packs but I was probably the first delivery of the day and grabbed it right off the porch after they put it there

1 Like

Mine didn’t come with ice packs either, but they called me as soon as it was there. The fish was cold and obviously taken right from a cooler.

1 Like

Delivered around noon. I went outside after 5 to bring it in. Fish was fine. I think it was just chilly enough out yesterday…Halibut last night was unbelievable fresh. Grill is on for tuna as we type…

2 Likes