Let's talk crab [NJ]

Thanks guys.

Eli this was the first decent day. It has been dismal so far. From now it seems like things should be better. I’m waiting for mrs P to come show me how to demolish some crab!

I made some with wine, garlic, butter, parsley and salt. (Bottom pic)

Then for the main course, the traditional recipe.

8 Likes

That looks beautiful Johnny. I think you guys did a great job demolishing those crabs. I see the two essential accompaniments on the table; old bay and drawn butter :grinning:

I’ll be making crabcakes tonight, but with canned crab not my own catch. :sweat:

If you haven’t tried them, Philips crab cakes are tasty. They have them at Costco. I put some butter and old bay on them to finish them off.

1 Like

Frozen? I bought their can.

Yes they have frozen premade cakes. They also have cans of lump Asian swimming crab meat too so you can make your own cakes.

1 Like

Here they are!

4 Likes

Looks awesome. How did they taste?

1 Like

Awesome! A can of Phillips claw meat, Ritz crackers, egg, scallion, seasoning, etc. Then coat in panko, oil spray, and 425 for 20 minutes. Just as good as fried!

2 Likes

BTW: the green is arugula and the sauce is a garlic-cilantro-lime crema.

1 Like

Good stuff Greg. I’m glad they came out well. Very nice pics. I haven’t tried lime but will give it a shot on some crab cakes.

1 Like

We got over 50 yesterday. Time to get out there and crab my friends :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve never seen this in my lifetime. Very neat…

Insert poltergeist voice…

They’re heeeeeeeere

7 Likes