Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

That was great. I’m imagining something along the lines of BS Bingo we used to play at corporate meetings (though that used candy, not alcohol :wink:

2 Likes

HAH at the sandra lee game.

4 Likes

:wave: :wave:

2 Likes

I grew up in Toms River. Lived in Beachwood for 15 years. I moved to the next town over (Bayville) 3 years ago when my ex-husband and I separated. I used to be up in Point Pleasant 3-4 times a week working out at The Lift but I eventually got sick of the drive so I quit. I miss it.

7 Likes

Hi
My name is Stef(skleg) on CH. I grew up in Montreal and after getting married we lived all over Canada due to DHs work. Finally settling in the suburbs of Toronto… Both of us are retired. Three kids, 2 grandsons. I love to bake especially for my grandsons. They live 6 hrs from us straight north. I get great satisfaction in baking macarons. I love to bake

Add images here
IMG_1067

just about anything. Currently baking thru Baking with Dorie with a group called Tuesdays with Dorie. This is a piñata cake I baked for my grandson when he was 9, he's 14 now and says it's his most memorable one.
10 Likes

IMG_1067

24 Likes

I would have loved that at 9. I’ll admit it . … I’d love it for my next birthday 50+ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

AH! So you’re OTB! Welcome!

1 Like

Was once an active CH poster in NOLA and other areas but was evidently ruled off the track by someone who failed to understand common 2d person pronoun use. Whatthehell. Knew of this site but am not compu-gifted so had “issues” years ago. No doubt will continue with Supreme incompetence.

8 Likes

Welcome @Frank_Morgan,
Glad that you found your way and please ask away.
We are all here to help.

Can you translate?
:slight_smile:

Off Track Betting?

1 Like

Over The Bridge. It’s a Jersey Shore thing. There is a bridge that crosses the Manasquan River a bit west of the ocean and separates Monmouth and Ocean counties. Those of us in the area will reference going OTB as in “I never go OTB between Memorial Day and Labor Day if I can help it”

4 Likes

Ruled off the Track is a horse race term for banishment. It is not, perforce, permanent. Forgive, please, use of prehistoric reference.

3 Likes

I will enjoy reading your posts again!

Welcome!! I think I remember you from “over there” lol. Welcome to our “new home”, speaking of homes my parents had a shore house in Snug Harbor off of Fisher Blvd in Toms River growing up. Spent every summer in TR, a lot of great memories in and around there in the 80’s-90’s

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I’ve been a lurker here and a very infrequent poster on CH.
it seems like every time I commit to being more active life interrupts.

1. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, Northern California, USA
  2. I am most passionate about seasonal eating. “No, thank you, I DON’T want an out of season flabby pale pink slice of what you call tomato on that gorgeous burger. Why do you?
  3. Most of my great life experiences are related to food. The last was when my neighbor and friend made me persimmon cookies. I was verklempt to receive them and what a joy to eat.
  4. We traveled quite a bit pre-Covid and are still trying to find outlets in this new era. A few road trips were not ideal. Our first vacation away since 2019 is Kauai next month.

Happy to be here and I commit to lurking and possibly popping up occasionally so the universe does not conspire to stop anything else! :wink:

16 Likes

Welcome!

I’m in NorCal too, and originally from New York, and that (and Seinfeld) is how I know the word verklempt.

3 Likes

I credit Mike Myers and Linda for my introduction to the word!

4 Likes

You need to work shpilkis into your vocabulary. Very useful.

4 Likes