Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

I also found you can reply to multiple posts/people all within one quote response which is helpful.

how do you do that btw? I can add that to the quote reply sticky tip.

Simply highlight the text and you get the “quote reply” again each time.

2 Likes

Yes correct. Just as you would do it for any individual quote except don’t hit reply, just hit quote to another comment and it will quote it in the same reply.

Note; one thing you cannot do on this site as I have just attempted is to link to specific comments. For example I wanted to provide you with the link to my multiple quote response in the “Dedication to Chow” thread I created, but cannot link to the specific comment within that thread. Just FYI.

No?

ETA: click the link button (first option before flag). Good morning!

Thanks Harters!

– Las Vegas
– Stone fruit and BBQ are a couple of my favorite things, and I’m on a never-ending quest for the best of those.
– Galatoire’s in New Orleans. Probably my best meal ever. My waiter was John Fontenot, a very old-school waiter who’s been there since his teens. He guided me through the menu, and I ended up with a memorable meal: Crab Maison (cold crab salad), cauliflower au gratin, wood-grilled redfish topped with Crabmeat Yvonne (crabmeat with brown butter sauce, sliced artichoke bottoms, mushrooms, etc), and Lyonnaise potatoes (best I’ve had anywhere).
– I was Steve Green on Chowhound. Always on the lookout for chow-worthy places in various cities, as I travel a fair amount.

1 Like

Where are you?
Mostly NJ.

What food-related topic are you most passionate about, that you want
people to ask you about and you can’t stop talking about it?
Pizza and cocktails.

What’s a great food experience you have had?
Pizza and cocktails.

A little tidbit about you
I don’t typically get along with moderators of food boards, apparently.

1 Like

Pretty funny you are all about Pizza and Cocktails…here is a link to a facebook page for a new place opening up, in NJ (shore-ish area) that specializes in Pizza and Cocktails!! I think the grand opening is this Friday.

Enjoy!!

1 Like

Well, if your Tommy Eats, welcome. Your one tough SOB. Tough questions & no BS responses.

I’m actually quite nice and level-headed. Never been called an SOB by people who know me, as far as I know, but I appreciate it when I am. Any reaction is better than no reaction. Generally posing pointed questions asking for considerate and well-thought-out responses, and, no BS.

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to being reported by posters who don’t agree with me to the mods and being scolded. For me it’ll probably be “Grand opening, grand closing,” as Chris Rock famously said.

Ah, the “look and point” method of ordering. We used that all over southeast Asia, and also in places like Romania. Works great!

Welcome to the Onion. Where is the little green Martini glass?

1 Like

I recognize the attempt at levity, but there’s a hint of self-fulfilling prophecy potential tied up in there as well. I’ve found the fundamental “don’t be a dick” litmus for self-editing is a pretty low-bar method for avoiding clashes with moderators on any Site (works well in everyday life as well). And, there is virtually no one I have not disagreed with at one time or another.

8 Likes

I, too, have gotten through life pretty well. Thanks for the input.

I find I disagree with myself more often than with other people.

5 Likes

So when do we get a new thread on Pizza from the guy who has probably eaten more types than anyone?

I’m more a follower than a leader in this context.

Hey glad you got the green Martini glass back :grinning: I am the same way Tommy, but, Pizza is an American favorite. I have a friend who owns a pizza parlor in S. Jersey (Brooklyn NY influenced) and has been using the same: brand of flour, high end sauce & the best in house ground cheese from day one. I think his plain cheese reheat (cheese & crust get a little browned during the re-heat) is over the top. Never ventured far from that. Love to hear your experiences, I suspect other would too.

I’ve had a blog for years now, and will continue to. If I have something to say that I feel is compelling or interesting, that’s where I’ll say it. I may jump in on discussions elsewhere on the internet, but I’m not one to start a discussion.