Pretty sure he had nothing to do with it. He’s a figurehead at this point. It was the new people running the show after CBS Interactive bought them out (and hired Georges whatshisface) that made all these changes. Leff was just trying to justify a poor redesign as something good for the site.
SF Bay Area, East Bay
Family recipes and wine, I LOVE wine!
When Elizabeth Faulkner still lived here and Orson was open, the tasting menu was the bomb. Parmesan pudding canelle with chili flakes, cocoa nibs and unflavored pop rocks. Amazing!
I work in grocery wine retail and am the current Cellar Master for the German Wine Society SF Chapter.
Oh yes!! welcome BWS!
If you have questions about wine, I’ll do my best to answer them. I am a Geek, not a “Expert”, but I volunteer at wines events to help me stay current with what’s happening in the local wine scene. And to taste for free of course.
You might be interested in this thread:
Trying to figure out how to use this site
Feel free to message me with your questions and I will do my best to help!!
Well so good so far, you made your first post! Welcome!!! I hope you find the site to be fairly user friendly, the site has local topics based on geographic areas and a lot of general topics. As @winecountrygirl indicated if you have any questions feel free to message us and ask, (FYI to message us click on our avi, a small pop up window will come up, on the top right hand side you will see a blue box “message” just click on that and you will send anyone a private message) or you can post any questions in a thread and any/everyone will give you whatever information you are seeking.
Welcome again and enjoy!
good idea to mention that. That must be why they pay you the big bucks!!
The check is always in the mail…
And yet STILL the NotJr Board is nonexistent. What’s a guy gotta do?
Very late to the party, but still. Been lurking, but it’s not my style so here goes - trying my first post here:
- In NYC (Manhattan). Travel elsewhere frequently, though not as insanely as a few years ago.
- Eating out in nyc, the diversity of indian food, dumplings.
- Eating offal as a child before I knew what it was… loving it too much to give it up after I found out what it was…
- I can kill any plant, including cacti. But I still keep trying to grow things…
Welcome!!! I also keep trying o grow stuff I kill!
Thanks! Re killing plants… wouldn’t be half as bad if my mom didn’t grow leaves from a dead stick. The green thumb definitely skipped me
Glad to see you over here! I don’t post much on CH anymore but still follow a few threads and have enjoyed your posts and enthusiasm!
We’re still young and growing with a really great group of people.
Thanks! I realized that people from many of the discussions I enjoyed had moved elsewhere… I guess my hiatus from CH had coincided with the site issues. Glad to see some familiar folks
G A S T R O N O M O S
- Toms River, NJ
- My coworkers and friends know i am a hot dog fiend but i enjoy burgers and pizza as well. Big on comfort food as well. I’m the only Italian who can’t hold down onions and garlic.
- When i vacation i always look for foodie stops 1st. But Chicago was great! Pan pizza, Chicago dogs, Italian beef sandwiches and that caramel/cheddar popcorn they have there for starts.
- I sell wine & spirits. I have a 1959 VW Bus because i don’t do enough driving during my work week<<<sarcasm
That stuff is completely addicting!
Welcome! The New Jersey board is very active. And the the non-Jersey parts are pretty terrific too!
How did you find us?