Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Tyvm @Olunia and glad to know you. To my way of thinking, we are all authors here.

2 Likes

@seal That’s very true by some of the write ups that I’ve been busy reading here.
One could even say photographers, pastry decorators and food stylists. There are some very talented people here on HO glad to be a part of it.

6 Likes

We have several authors and writers among us! (Not me)

That’s terrific.
I’m still working my way through this thread.
Maybe they could introduce themselves?

1 Like

Thanks!

Another DC member! Woo hoo!

1 Like

@Olunia:
@Harters is one, he is an historian and published several books.
@klyeoh too, his writing is included in Malaysian or Singaporean food book.

4 Likes

Another DC member who learned of this group from your fabulous blog!

4 Likes

(blush)

2 Likes

Hi another refugee from Chowhound here. I cant bear thinking there is no place online where I can discuss food and worthwhile restaurants anymore, so here I am. Former enthusiast of the CH Outer Boroughs, Home Cooking and Italy Boards (and wherever else my travels take me) Finding some surprisingly good Indian food in Columbus Ohio area for example!

Would love to see more Italy and other International action on HO!

17 Likes

Jen, I enjoyed reading your posts on CH.

3 Likes

Welcome to HO, @JenKalb! I remember your posts on the Home Cooking board on CH; it’s a well-used board here on HO as well.

6 Likes

Welcome Jen. I hope the Italy “board” takes off and gathers posters the way the France board has. But, it sure seems that we have reached critical mass on the NYC contingent & especially my fellow Brooklynites. Maybe this’ll turn out well after all.

3 Likes

Hey Jen! Glad to see you here.

1 Like

I’m happy to see you here, @JenKalb . @damiano is here, as well.

Hope to see more posts about Italy, too!

I copied and pasted my 2018 report from Umbria and Tuscany over here, last week.

4 Likes

I wonder, is there a HO policy about these cut and paste posts? Even though its damnably hard to find anything on CH as it is now, I have copied a whole ream of worthwhile posts (some mine, also written by others) which I could clean up and repost here.

2 Likes

I think it’s okay. I posted the year in the subject line when I posted mine. I find it’s easier to find posts using Google and a few key words, than using the CH search engine.
@naf , any comment?

1 Like

We’ve been here since 2015.
It really isn’t necessary to recreate every f-ing chowhound thread.
Make some new memories here; explore the last 7 years of posts.
We don’t need a chowhound 2: Bizarro world.
Just my exasperated opinion.
I’m ready to join Rooster.

:frowning:

11 Likes

You can repost your own CH posts here. As topics written by others, there is copyright issue, you need to have the permission of the author.

4 Likes

Jen -
Given the policy, please consider this a blanket permission for you to copy & reprint any/all of my posts. That is, if you can find any that you’d consider worthwhile to re-visit. Damned if I could. :innocent:

6 Likes