Left-over Sauteed Duck Breast - What to do with it?

I bought some very high quality magret de canard for Christmas Eve dinner, and sauteed them beautifully. But they were larger/meatier than I had expected, and with the rest of the sides I made I have an entire cooked duck breast left over.

Any ideas of a way to serve it that will do justice to this beautiful specimen?

Many thanks!

1 Like

Thinly sliced and barely warm over a poached egg/frisee/lardon/cheese salad. Or in a curry.

2 Likes

Thinly sliced, tossed with hoisin or Chinese plum sauce and put in a wrap with whatever salad leaf you have around. Some coriander and mint leaves would work in there. Or, if you have them to hand, use spring roll wrappers to make Vietnames style summer rolls.

4 Likes

It’s been cooked so you really don’t want to use it in anything that requires re-heating. Slice thinly and make a salad is what I usually do. Sometimes I even smoke it briefly. Do bring it to room temperature before eating.

I eat duck often (though I prefer legs), even dip it in cheese!

2 Likes

Tacos

1 Like

Invite me over for left overs!!!

We made duck rolls with our recent leftovers. Basically a far more flavorful eggroll.

2 Likes

My friend makes lettuce cups and a sprinkles a little grapefruit juice over them…very good and I like the texture with the crunchy lettuce.

4 Likes

That sounds excellent and makes me think duck fried rice could be a thing of beauty!

2 Likes

Absolutely. Makes me think its time to buy a few mire duck breasts. Hapoy accidents.