Laurel and Sage - Montclair

Nice pics as usual! That tangerine dressing sounds really interesting. Crab season is almost here so tell Mrs P to get ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Johnny! Mrs. P says she has been ready :smile:

1 Like

Happy Passover Eli. I should be eating well tomorrow so I’ll see if I can grab a few pics. I’m going south so I’m going to check on the crab gear and take inventory for the new season.

1 Like

Thanks Johnny! Good luck tomorrow.

I’m not actually crabbing, just going to see what kind of new stuff I need to buy for this season. The water is still too cold…another few weeks.

1 Like

We had another excellent dinner at Laurel and Sage Sunday night. Details and pictures are in the regular WFD link below.

3 Likes

We had another awesome dinner at Laurel and Sage. Details and pictures are in the regular WFD thread below.

3 Likes

We had another excellent dinner at Laurel and Sage. Pictures and details are in the WFD link below.

1 Like

Great looking crab dish! My mouth is watering. The presentation is awesome too.

1 Like

Thanks Johnny. This is one of our favorite soft shell crab presentations. The Chef uses a light tempura batter to get the crunch, but it is mostly crab and not breading. The corn pudding goes great with it.

We had another excellent dinner at Laurel and Sage. Details and pictures in the link below.
What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

We had another awesome dinner at Laurel and Sage. Besides the always excellent roasted local beet salad, maki roll, complementary heirloom tomato salad, and last of the soft shell crabs, I had a very tasty pan seared red snapper with baby bok choy, black forbidden rice, in a green curry coconut sauce. It all went great with a 2014 Clos St. Jean Chateauneuf Du Pape.

9 Likes

Your photos are so vibrant! Looks like another outstanding meal.

3 Likes

Thank you @Rooster :blush:

That peach salad is a work of art!

2 Likes

Gorgeous

1 Like

That is looking top notch Eli! I wanted to swing by and pick you up yesterday. I went up to bear mountain and made sure I abided by all traffic laws :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @ChristinaM, @TheCookie and @corvette_johnny!
That must have been some trip to Bear Mountain. At least you had beautiful weather. How long did it take you? If you abided by all traffic laws then it would have taken over 2 hours :grinning:

It was a national mr2 meet and a ton of fun! My girl isn’t the best videographer but she does her best.

What an epic day! I have more vids but for now…

1 Like

My husband has done a couple of BMW meet ups there and says the roads are super fun! I’ll have to show him this video later.