[LAT] The best breakfast burritos in Los Angeles

2 Likes

…where’s La Azteca Tortilleria?! How can a list like this be written with nothing to represent East Los??

I think La Azteca is better known for their regular burritos (i.e., Chile Relleno) than the breakfast ones.

Chiles rellenos aren’t for breakfast?! Best hangover burrito ever!!

1 Like

Interesting list, thanks for the link. :slight_smile:

What are your favorite Breakfast Burritos around town?

Doubting Thomas.

But I am hearing that my favorite Korean mini mart bodega, Open Market, is looking to add a breakfast burrito to their menu. So stay tuned.

5 Likes

To be fair, they do not have Chile Relleno burritos listed on their breakfast menu side (if memory serves correctly).

But as to hangover cures? That’s gotta be the ginormous breakfast burrito at Lucky Boy in Pasadena.

2 Likes

OK, I’ll concede that your memory does serve correctly, and they don’t list chiles rellenos on the breakfast side of the menu.

I was sad to hear on a visit ~3 weeks ago that they had removed their steak breakfast burrito.
I think the pork breakfast burrito is very good, but I liked their steak bb even more.
Hopefully they rotate it back in!

3 Likes

Not to get sidetracked, but I’ve always been tempted to order a plate of chicharonnes and have them top it with chiles rellenos …

2 Likes

I like the way you think!

You should talk to my cardiologist …

1 Like

Along with others mentioned here, I enjoy the Gochuracha Royal Burrito from Egg Tuck.

2 Likes

There’s a very good breakfast burrito at BB’'s Cafe in Covina.

The pulled pork and hot links breakfast burrito are notable.

BB’s Cafe
502 N Citrus Ave (NE Corner of Citrus and San Bernardino Rd.)
Covina

3 Likes

Hi @BlurA14 !

Welcome! :slight_smile:

And thanks for the reminder on Egg Tuck! I keep thinking of their delicious Egg Sandwiches, but forgot they had a Breakfast Burrito as well.

2 Likes

My problem with the Egg Tuck breakfast burrito is the existence of the Egg Tuck sandwich.

That housemade brioche bread is just the perfect complement to their soft scrambled eggs.

The flour tortilla sort of denatures the quiddity of the creamy fluffy consistency of the scrambled eggs, masking it almost. The brioche bread, slightly toasted with a hint of sweetness, is sort of the perfect contrasting complement to the “baby food” like texture of the scrambled eggs.

1 Like

Fair enough position to have, but I don’t think the brioche bread sandwiches have the spicy tteok galbi as the protein option. In any case, when I get Egg Tuck, I also get an additional sandwich so I just double down.

2 Likes

You can request that in your sandwich. Ask me how I know …

2 Likes

Good to know. Were you the first one to request it :smiley:

I doubt it, but I know I probably won’t be the last. :wink:

1 Like