Last meal of this decade?

Mine was Thai food, with my wonderful husband and my two pretty great sons. A nice quiet night in anticipation of a party we are throwing tomorrow (annual games and cocoa) for 45 guests!

5 Likes

Can of chili . Onions, chips, sour cream to garnish. Cheers :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Sounds great, and ambitious plans for tomorrow @Sasha. Have a great time and Happy New Year’s! :sparkler::fireworks:

Late lunch, so a pumpkin martini or 2…while I wrap Xmas presents. SIL & I came down with the flu Christmas morning, so tomorrow we’ll celebrate belatedly. Later, I’ll have some homemade chicken soup with curly kale and wild rice. Stormy here, so soup is perfect, and it’s been a totally kick back day.

Your meal sounds perfect @emglow101 and much happiness and new adventures in the coming year!

3 Likes

Bucatini with ink, wild fennel and mussels.

2 Likes

Nothing special, but tasty nonetheless… Skinless, boneless chicken thighs seasoned with Penzey’s Tsardust Memories and baked in the same skillet as two halves of a sweet potato. Toward the end, poured on some cream of mushroom soup and reduced it as a sauce. Dressed sliced cucumber salad as the side dish. Blood orange sorbet.

1 Like

Gin tonic, Anisette. Oysters, green salad, cheese, and bread.

Happy new year!!

5 Likes

Rice. I brought a gut thing back from vacation. Eh.

Last meal was the evening of the 31st December …

A feast of amuses boûches or tiny appetisers that were quite varied ranging from Spanish, Catalan, Italian and French … Canapés, Antipasti, Cicchetti (Tapas), Tapas, Crudities, Crevettes (crabiñeros del Bretagne) and Fonduta, an Italian Fondue.

The main courses were: Lobsters prepared in sea wáter and served with French butter and a salad.

Dessert on this evening AT 12.00AM is always The 12 Grape Ceremony. ! THERE WERE TARTS TOO …

6 Likes

Nice!!

(Edited and fixed your photo.)

1 Like

I went with a relatively boring salad of red leaf and butter lettuce, chicken seasoned with s/p and thyme, poached and sliced, cherry tomatoes, shaved carrots, sliced radishes, red bell pepper, green onions, dried cranberries, goat cheese with a Maple-Balsamic vinaigrette.

I usually make a duck breast with some type of a sauce and several sides like Israeli couscous and asparagus, but wasn’t feeling it, and decided to go a bit healthier.

7 Likes

We started early…local Greek meal and great company! Grilled octopus, skewered grilled chicken, lamb meatballs, lemon potatoes, spanakopita triangles. Lots of vino.

Later on we toasted with Bailey’s ice cream floats and fire pit s’mores with the youngin’s.

5 Likes

You really know how to celebrate in style @Barca!
Happy New Year to you and your family!

1 Like

Duck confit with roasted potatoes, zucchini and parsnips.

6 Likes

We usually do an array of finger foods for NYE but I brought a head cold back from our Christmas trip so I wasn’t feeling up to much cooking. Managed to bake off some olive cheddar balls I had in the freezer and heat frozen meatballs in a spicy sauce. Nothing fancy but tasted good with Manhattans (purely medicinal, of course!).

3 Likes

We just had leftover spicy Sichuan food from our feast at Chengdu 1 Palace the previous night, with plenty of wine and 10 year old port. There was the usual hot and spicy lobster and jumbo prawns, stir fry lamb, three pepper chicken, ants climbing a tree, and spicy baby wontons. For dessert we had previously made brownies stuffed with peanut butter ganache and topped with chocolate ganache. It went great with the port. Below pictures are from the restaurant. We still have some leftovers for another day. Today will be Andouille sausage pizza. We haven’t had pizza in a while.

11 Likes

Thank you and Happy New Year to all! I joke with my husband that throwing a party has stages just like loss. There is excitement first, which is the reason one sends out the invitations. Then after that, in no particular order, fear that no one will attend, anxiety that too many will attend, anger at yourself for ruining a nice quiet day, and finally resignation because you can’t take it back! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

A good friend of mine in my 20s and 30s grew up in Barcelona and introduced us to the grapes at midnight, which I had never heard of. I still remember the first time we celebrated together with our young children (maybe 3, 4, 5 years old). It was so funny watching all of us try to gobble those grapes in the last 12 seconds. Thanks for the memory!

4 Likes

It looks super festive!

1 Like

Scallops, risotto, salad and sparkling rose.
Bonne année y’all

6 Likes