Langer's Delicatessen - The Legendary Pastrami Sandwich, Mouth-Watering Corned Beef & Beef Tongue, Egg Salad, Matzo Ball Soup, Corned Beef Hash and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

Hi @chienrouge ,

Wow, a Breakfast Burrito with old-school Corned Beef Hash inside?! :open_mouth: That sounds… kind of amazing. :slight_smile: How was it? And, why hasn’t anyone else done this before?! :slight_smile:

Hi @chiel ,

Nice! I’m glad your friend enjoyed Langer’s as well, and definitely agree with you: OG Hot Pastrami Sandwich on Double Baked Rye Bread with Mustard. That’s all you need. :wink: :slight_smile:

If you get to visit LA again, definitely give that Egg Salad & Liver Sandwich a try.

1 Like

Haha. Not everyone’s as awesome as me? No I jest.

Creative burritos are fun. The lox eggs onion hash browns and cheese one is another favorite of mine.

So many spots have all the ingredients behind the counter. Just ask.

At ray charles so many folks are dealing with such difficulty and stress the kindness of the staff there is so appreciated and comforting.

The bagel nosh deli on Wilshire in Santa Monica is another spot where you can usually talk your way into a hash and eggs burrito. The bagels there are not so great but hash eggs hash browns (optional) cheese in a burrito is kinda awesome.

3 Likes

Not sure if you’ve been but there are a number of spots that do Indian food burritos these days…

23rd Street Cafe Restaurant Menu | Indian and Mexican Fusion Food (23rdstreetcafela.com)

this spot has been around a little while and it’s been a nice change of pace when I’m in that part of town…

1 Like

NY Bagel and Deli just east of Bagel Nosh has excellent bagels (and it is the only bagel I will eat in LA).

2 Likes

Hi @paranoidgarliclover ,

Thanks for the rec! :slight_smile: BTW, have you tried Courage Bagels in Silver Lake? We haven’t braved the lines yet, but some publications have said it’s supposed to be pretty amazing (better than ones on the east coast).

No, I haven’t (for the same reason as you + it’s hard for me to get out the eastside)! IIRC, read somewhere (possibly on a forum) that the bagel is softer and pillow-y than the usual bagel… which makes it not so much of a bagel for me. :wink: But I imagine I’ll try it eventually. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the updates about Langer’s. I hope to get out there again, but my schedule has become… a mess (not in a bad way). Daughter’s Deli is pretty decent, but it’s not the same.

3 Likes

You’re killing me here on Outer Cape Cod, the land of fish and chips. I want all of that to jump in my mouth…

6 Likes

Hi @retrospek ,

Thanks. :slight_smile: Ah, and for us, I’d love to get great fish and chips regularly (good ones found across the entire city), which is not the case. :wink:

If you get a chance to visit L.A., definitely give Langer’s Deli a try. Just wonderful. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve only been to California twice. Once to the San Fransico Bay Area and second to San Diego where my brother was stationed in the Navy. We had fabulous fish tacos in San Diego and ate unbelievably delicious King Salmon on our trip up the coast into Oregon from San Fransico - so you do have delicious fish on your side of this country!!

4 Likes

Have you tried Belle’s Bagels? I think you would like them, given your description of your preferences. And they’re on the east side (at least east of DTLA, which in my book is east)

2 Likes

No, I have not! I’m almost never in Highland Park but will certainly keep this in mind. Thanks for the rec. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know this is going to sound like blasphemy, but I always get an extra one or two salted bagels and dip in honey mustard. So good.

1 Like

The pretzel at the phoenix bar really delivers in this area. The beer cheese also good.

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to need a moment to think about that. Maybe more than a moment…

1 Like

1 Like

Dear lord those pics are great! I will be heading to LA for USC Parents Weekend in early October. Langers is at the top of my bucket list for this trip. Also on the list is Pink’s, just because. Arriving in town just in time for the last Dodger regular season game (Dodger Stadium, check), attending the USC-Wazoo game on Saturday (LA Coliseum, check), planning a big dinner at Sugarfish, checking out the MCM DeLeeuw Residence in Palos Verdes Estates, driving up the PCH… so excited!

4 Likes

There’s no need to get food from there, IMHO. Just go, people watch, take a few photos, and then move on to your next destination.

5 Likes

Yes - never understood what people like about Pink’s after we visited - might be good to be there once so can say you have seen it (but not necessarily eaten there)

1 Like

Au contraire @paranoidgarliclover lol!

The 12" jalapeno chili (cheese) dog (jalapenos in the dog) is something special…nobody’s getting hurt here!

Plenty of good hotdogs in town, maybe better at Carneys, but if these dogs were good enough for Aretha Franklin (and you’re already there takin pictures) they’re good enough for me. Have some fun, live a little!

4 Likes