Kosher Style Pastrami

They were Korean and I saw no earlocks.

But you’re right, they could have been long lost Cohenim.

The whitefish is already hot smoked. Its supposed to be a fresh water fish, like pike.

To make salad you take it off the bones and mix with a bissel mayonnaise, like a deli tuna salad.

Some people throw in a little chopped celery & onion, or lemon juice. But these are embellishments.

It’s really good on a nosh board.

As a funds limited college student, Blarney Stone was a treat to get food, drink and watch a Rangers game (before ubiquitous cable TV).

Navel in Pho is also known as plate, beef bacon, or fatty brisket. The original Romanian pastrami called for this cut of beef. But the health conscious eaters out there are missing out on the decadence of this great food.

1 Like

He was too busy kwetsching with table three.

I have to give all credit to the master, Sensei.

Without your tutelage this never would have been possible.

1 Like

Well Harold’s hasn’t been good for at least 15 years so this is no recent development.

Hooters is an improvement. At least they have decent wings.

1 Like

Well sure you can. Nothing wrong with Irish corn beef or Rueben sandwiches. They are delicious.

Many of us on this site love them.

Which we note is NOT kosher.

By the way, the fact that it is not kosher may not be altogether a bad thing (see embedded video):

Here’s another:

I suggest you don’t watch the videos if you have a weak stomach.

There is some genuine for you.

Well here is some more interesting information about kosher brands and what goes in to the ole spice mix:

Apparently in this case a Lubavitcher Rev and his son both went to jail.

Plus one for the ole Blarney Stone.

A quick Boca list for my pal Scubadoo, borrowed from another post:

Ok now do one for Tampa bay

Well one in Tampa, one in St Pete, and three in Sarasoter.

You know Tampa/St Pete/Bradenton/Sarasota is where Middlewesterners go to die, right? Not a lot of great pastrami in Iowa City.

Have you tried these guys?

Jo-El’s Kosher Foods

2619 23rd Ave. N. , St. Petersburg FL 33713

Otherwise, could be time to hit the old Taimami trail to Lauderdale for a weekend nosh.

Note that the article and video are from 2004.

Those owners were convicted of numerous crimes and sent to jail. The company was bought out of bankruptcy in 2009 by a Canadian billionaire, Hershey Friedman. I hope that those abuses have been corrected.

Full disclosure: Although he probably wouldn’t know me from Adam, (no pun intended), I’ve met Hershey a couple of times regarding an entirely different business, but I found him an honorable guy.

That’s all I got.

This is how I always request my pastrami… “extra fatty, extra moist”. Used to get it at Jerry and Harvey’s and it was pretty good but they did change ownership fairly recently, but claim to have the same food/staff. Perhaps we’ll get back there soon… my kids and wife love the place.

1 Like

If you want some truly epic pastrami action, run, don’t walk to Surf BBQ and try their pastrami ribs. Holy cow that thing was delicious. Probably the best pastrami of my life.