Knife talk

It is. Mixing up two knives is a false statement. If this is a video about roasting chicken, and in one passage, the narrative mixed up the knife, then it is no big deal. However, this is a full blow video about this knife and this knife alone. Properly stating what kind of knife it is important.

I love that you make it about me instead. It isn’t about agreeing with me. It is about agreeing with facts. Factually, it is not the knife he is talking about. The type of knife is even laser etched on his knife blade. Has it occurred to you that his specific term do not agree with the knife itself? :rofl:

It does not matter. I have nothing for or against him. I am not in the mood to “investigate” or “review”. his entire site. I am simply stating that he has made false statements. I have zero against the guy, so I rather not do the “line-by-line” dissection to find all the mistakes he has made.

4 Likes

There is so much to unload… I will need to go home to reply to this one.

1 Like

Chem,

It’s not about you or me, right or wrong, for or against. It’s general discussions about kitchen knives–and Chef Panko has made a major contribution by reviewing a whole slew of Chinese cleavers with a consistent methodology for both professionals and home cooks.

I’m surprised you’re not devouring the findings and comparing them with your own.

I have compared Chef Panko videos on Youtube with Marco.'s. I find Marco far more usefully instructive and find his knife skills overwhelmingly better. Best of all, if you lack Marco’s knife skills you can still do the same thing more slowly and deliberately and get identical results. Given the perfection of both his dice and his brunoise, what home cook would not be thrilled to know how to do it?

3 Likes

Are you changing topic again? You literally asked me earlier what proof I have that Chef Panko has made false statements. I gave you the proof. Now, you change the narrative of “Chef Panko has made contribution to our society…”

I am surprised that when I do exactly what you asked (give you the proof you asked for), then you are suddenly surprised. I am more than happy to drop this Chef Panko thing, but you should stop keep bringing it up too. I promise you. If you stop bringing up Chef Panko, no one here will suddenly bring him up.

I sure hope it is about being factually right or wrong. You did make it about me. You literally wrote “specific terms may not agree with you”. You didn’t say “specific terms may not be correct”. You made it that Chef Panko term (in your mind) is still correct, but it just didn’t agree with me.

3 Likes

I can give you an answer on this one. Do you really want to know? It states with a “R”

2 Likes

I know one thing for sure, and that is there will probably never be a time in my life again that I reach for panko bread crumbs and don’t think about this thread and the glorification of Chef Panko! :rofl:

3 Likes

Wait until we meet Chef Croutonz!

4 Likes

Completely different, Vecchiouomo,

Marco’s not teaching, he’s showing off.

Chef Panko is teaching, with safety as an objective.

Chem,

I think we’re done.

1 Like

Marco is so lightyears ahead in terms of teaching compared Panko - just because something is too complex for you (as you stared before about Marco’s piperade) doesn’t mean that pretty much everybody else seems to disagree with you.

3 Likes

That seems to be your modus operandi once you run out of arguments - deflection and ignoring what you said before

2 Likes

Hi honkman,

I’m sorry. I can’t respond to these argumentative posts.

There’s no content.

IMO, of course.

Quite funny coming from you after post like

2 Likes

:joy::crazy_face::rofl:

1 Like

Like I said, I am happy not to talk about these as long as you don’t bring up Chef Panko again. However, based on history, you have a tendency to bring up whatever you like whenever you want, and when other people reply, you said “we are done” or “you are off topic”.

Again, I am glad not to talk about Chef Panko.

Take a step back, do some objective thinking. When was the last time I spoke about Chef Panko before you brought it up? Never. I never talked about him prior to you bought him up. Conversely, how many times you bought him up to everyone? In short, you brought up these topics in the first place, and then tell other people not to talk about them.

2 Likes

I bought 1/3 of a pound just not and some cream, a shallot, and linguine. Dinner for tomorrow.

I also got some salmon meat balls from the seafood department. I’ll cook them separately and serve on the side so the morels will be the star of the pasta dish.

I probably should have picked up some parsley or chives.

Thank you!

1 Like

This is so funny. Not only I disagree with the content, but again, you did it again. You told people not to talk about Chef Panko, but you cannot control yourself from bringing him up (or whatever other topics).

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: How to stop tearing up when you cut a lot of onions

Hi Chem,

Chef Panko is absolutely right with his video.

I think it’s a good time to start a thread on kitchen knife safety. I’ll start one soon.