Kitchen items you hate to wash/clean

I made a tart earlier with a base that was actually a chocolate cake batter and as I was washing it I remembered by mom expressing some weeks ago how hard it was to clean. I was similarly annoyed trying to get the fluted sides all clean tart pans tart pans. I soaked the pan and still everything is stuck in the crevices, and it takes a long time to get every little bit out of the corners.

I also always hate cleaning the pasta machine because it always seems like it never gets 100% clean.

What do you hate cleaning up?

5 Likes

Grill pans!

7 Likes

Breville Air Fryer

2 Likes

Coffee grounds from a French press. I drink tea and use teabags. My husband makes coffee. It’s messy stuff. I hate dealing with it…but OTOH, he’s cooking dinner for us tonight.

3 Likes

Forks soiled with dried egg yolk. Grrrr

3 Likes

Graters with dried on cheese, cast iron Dutch Oven that’s been used over the coals, and the air fryer insert. Heavy duty aluminum foil, parchment paper and Pam cooking spray can ease the cleanup woes though.

3 Likes

Oh the Dutch oven over coals is a tough one!

4 Likes

Yes, pretty nasty!

2 Likes

If I don’t feel like washing dishes . I’ll put them in the dishwasher. Except for non stick pans .
After a bazillion years. Dishwashing is comforting to me. Looking out the window with a gorgeous view and a glass of wine .
I’m home .

5 Likes

I’ve never dealt with cast iron used over coals, but the chain mail scrubbers do the best of anything on bare cast iron. Bonus: they can also be safely used on Pyrex. Lots of models out there.

https://www.thekitchn.com/chainmail-cast-iron-scrubber-review-22991498

4 Likes

Thanks, don’t have one (yet)!

They’re super, and if they get grubby, you can just throw them in the dishwasher.

1 Like

5 Likes

Everything!

10 Likes

They get really sooty

1 Like

The food processor!

9 Likes

Me too!!!

2 Likes

mussels and clams (especially when it’s not clean enough and the sandy grit becomes part of the meal)

4 Likes

The oven.

4 Likes

A sink full of chocolate molds is like hundreds of spoons, all facing up, at once. I generally end up soaked :laughing:

12 Likes