Kintsugi 金継ぎ (Golden Joinery) Sharing

Wow very nice! :star_struck:

Thanks. Let’s hope this time I didn’t rush it too much and the kintsugi is stable.

1 Like

Yeah. People call me crazy because I use a 150 euro teapot… Been using it for over a decade now, dishwasher and all.

I’m always extra careful with it. But now thanks to you if something would happen I know there is a solution!

1 Like

Nice teapot. Well, there are many people crazier than us. Notice that clay teapot on the previous image?

I bought it for ~$250. I hope I don’t break it neither.

Yeah. I hop your teapot lives long and last.

1 Like

Oh wow, yours is nice!

I like spending a bit of money on these everyday items. Makes your day more enjoyable… :slight_smile: But so far it has been a good buy, because others might have already bought several pots over the lifetime of mine. Because they broke, or whatever.

Mine is also very practical - tea stays hot for a long time, easy to pour and so on. And I still like how it looks.

I think I noticed that too. It has a special sprout which looks like it will give the user a little bit more control in the pour and maybe reduce dripping.

Of course, just because it looks that way, you won’t know until you use it.

I also have the matching cups and saucers… :star_struck:

Again, nifty design in that the porcelain for the cups are much thinner, meaning you can drink tea more quickly after pouring…

So nice to talk about teapots in depth… :innocent:

2 Likes

This looks really good! Thank you for sharing a detailed write up and photos. I’m quite fascinated by this whole process.

Thank you for sharing. You got a great result.

I have one broken vase I would like to fix and one plate with a very similar chip that you posted about that I will start with repairing. Your pictures were very clear, but did you by any chance videotape your process? If you did, sharing a link to at would be awesome!

1 Like

This is great. Thinner cups are great. I took a lot of the website and it has some really cool design. The black one is kind of expensive, not sure why it costs 500 Euro, where as the Strip one is only 300 Euro and looks more interesting to me.
imageimage

No, I have not taken a video of myself doing it. Moreover, I am new to this. However, this is a good introduction video from Mejiro-Japan.

Kintsugi Repair DIY -Complete English subtitles! - YouTube

1 Like