Just one more reason to stay away from restaurants right now!

This article was published on Eater. It kind of confirms what I’ve seen in driving past open air dining spots, Covid 19 transmission is happening!

2 Likes

The idea that anyone still needs convincing at this stage really astounds me.

5 Likes

Me too! I just read that “Yelpers” were actually whining, oops, I mean complaining in their restaurant reviews that the wait staff had the audacity to ask them to put masks on when they were approaching the table! That level of stupidity is just astounding to me!

3 Likes

We’ve been enjoying the return to our weekly “restaurant night” since they were allowed to reopen at the beginning of July.

We’re going away for a short holiday soon and will be eating out every night of the week - reservations already made.

Must be great for those parts of the world where you can eat outdoors but not generally practical on this small, cold, wet island off the coast of northern Europe.

5 Likes

Sorry I don’t share your enthusiasm. The travel I have made for work the last eight months has taken a toll on my patience. I have lost 14 people including my mother in law.

7 Likes

Dan, I am profoundly sorry to know that you have lost so many loved ones. Deepest condolences to you and everyone in your circle.

3 Likes

Thank you @tomatotomato. It’s been very difficult to imagine any of this going away overnight even with a vaccine. I’ve been tested twice; so far so good.

2 Likes

this is incredibly sad - I’m so sorry to hear it. I cannot get behind eating out at restaurants, outside or inside. I just don’t understand how people just “can’t” stay home anymore. I feel like I could do this forever if i knew it was helping slow or stop the spread. I know the economies have to open again, but…

3 Likes

I’ve become a supplement addict. No idea if they will really help but i figure they won’t hurt. A lot of my rationale is speculative but there’s some research behind it.

Vitamin D
Quercetin
Green Tea Extract
Zinc
NAC
Vitamin C

…and a few others but those are the ones i’m putting a little faith in. And I’m masking in the hope that a mask will reduce the infective load even if it isn’t foolproof in keeping me from getting COVID-19.

I had take-out pizza back in April or May. Take-out is likely safe but i just haven’t even done that.

1 Like

I agree entirely. Even so many months on, I still do not know anyone who has caught the virus. But it is still very much around and, in this part of the world, numbers are rising again so much that there are just introduced legal restrictions on the number of people who can meet. But, we were part of the UK’s national “shielding” group for several months - basically a form of house arrest - and our metro area mayor has said he thinks there will probably need to be a new local shielding programme in the late autumn and winter. Until then, we carry on as best we can, taking what we judge to be the appropriate precautions. We cannot rely on a vaccine ever being developed.

7 Likes

It’s hurting everyone which is why I haven’t said anything until today.

1 Like

Those are good ones IMO, you might want to add some omega3’s in there - fish oil capsules @ChimayoJoe, can’t hurt.

2 Likes

Wow, Dan. That is horrible. I’m so sorry to hear that. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

2 Likes

I’m truly anguished to hear of all your loss @Rooster; I hope you’ll be able to keep them close, with your good memories of them.

2 Likes

Enjoy it! Much needed, I’m sure!

1 Like

Thank you. Unfortunately, proper burials and gatherings have also been impacted since covid and our ability to find a peaceful alliance relegated to Zoom and FT in way too many cases.

The things you never thought you’d have to do are choices made for you in order to put your dearest people in your life to rest.

Heck, even the ability to break bread and honor them is taken from you in a way you can’t anticipate.

Bottom line good people of HO, illness is a sneaky bugger-be safe as you can be.

7 Likes

Dan, I am truly sorry for your staggering losses. I hope happy memories are at least a tiny bit of comfort.

1 Like

I appreciate it.

1 Like

All our most profound condolences to you and your family.

Oh @Rooster. I’m so very sorry for your losses, especially your MIL, after she seemed to be on the mend.

1 Like