Junk Food , snacks , fast foods reviews

I noticed the salt content immediately in their pretzel products. RAN for the ice water. Glad to see they’re consistent with the way over-the-top salt content.

1 Like

There are humans out there that eat the whole seed, shell and all. The extra fiber must be beneficial? Not for me.

1 Like

“like pinchin’ off a porcupine…”

1 Like

Had to try the local-brand version of those seasoned pretzels. Verdict: really good but super salty. At the price point, easy to avoid.

3 Likes

Snyder’s is/are everywhere. Dollar Store staples lately. I’m not a pretzel fan. I keep trying the various stuff like buns, and these bites, and I’m still not impressed.
Seems like salt is the main taste element.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

That may be but they’re still my local brand :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aren’t Utz and Snyders both in Hanover, PA? (Or maybe your post referred to something other than the Voodoo pretzels?)

At any rate, I’ve decided I like my pretzels pretzel-flavored. If I want something more I have an array of mustards for dipping purposes.

Exactly as it should be.

1 Like

Plain pretzel sticks were a handy morning sickness trick for me bitd, it must have been the salt. The butter flavored ones, like the ‘butter flavored’ popcorn, make me gag to this day.

1 Like

We just finished a 6 mon run of “Universal Yums” boxes, which I got my husband for his bday. Very fun idea - they pick a country each month and mail you 10 or so indiv wrapped typical snacks from that country. Sweets and savories, but all dried stuff obv. However, in practice, most of the foods were kind of not good. Like only 1-2 things per box we actually enjoyed. Anyone else ever tried this company or any type of service like it? I gotta believe that it isn’t all hype, and someone out there is actually good at picking tasty things.

1 Like

Chez Meekah keeps individual serving bags or boxes of pretzel stix in the snack basket for All Who Pass By. They’re very popular… I think it’s the salt, too.

I have some snack packs of olives, too. I don’t like them for snacking, but they are handy for cooking because of the portion size.

3 Likes

I recently bought a rare bag of potato chips to eat with some homemade burgers and got a winner. Honey Dijon Kettle Brand. We both loved them. Very sturdy chips, packed with a lot of flavor.

3 Likes

When I’m out of range of my favorite hometown chips, I look for that brand. That flavor is indeed yummy.

1 Like

Someone was just telling me about those last week. Glad to hear they are gaining in popularity!

A friend of mine did the same. She and her family absolutely loved it, but teenage boys are perhaps less discerning than we are :slight_smile:

I mean. It is a snack box.

I guess it’s one of those products where ymmv. I have 2 teenage boys. Ish. Actually one can’t eat almost anything that’s in the boxes because they all have nut warning labels. But my other is not un-picky, and I don’t think generally eats things that we adults turn our noses up at. Snacks can be great. Or terrible. The mix is it, right? If they did a US one and included say red bull. I would think the snacks in the US were god awful. But if they included oreos, now I’m happy. Anyway, was just curious who else had tried this brand or this type of service.

1 Like

Science Fiction Author John Scalzi’s daughter Athena has reviewed the services she’s tried on his bloq.

3 Likes

New to me are these UTZ “Dark Russets” which are essentially overcooked kettle chips. Like them a lot and not salty at all.

7 Likes

I’d agree with pretzel favor. But, when I tried Snyders onion mustard pretzels, I thought it was a good idea.

I like some
Honey Mustard pretzels.

1 Like

Save for cheesecorn, I can’t fathom buying cold popcorn. My air popper cost $10 20 years ago. Dump the kernels and flip the switch.

2 Likes