June 2017 Home Cooking DOTM - GRILLING/SMOKING

Just the one in my original post - I forgot to take pics post slicing. We ate about a rack and a quarter last night, and the rest is destined for the freezer. I actually haven’t frozen cooked ribs before but I assume they’ll thaw/reheat well. We’ll see.

Mixed grill on the Weber tonight: chicken drumsticks (brushed with a mix of salt, cayenne and olive oil throughout the grilling), ribeye (black pepper and a bit of salt), potatoes, turnips, carrots, zucchini, broccoli rabe (all brushed with olive oil and salt), 2 whole heads garlic, corn. Things placed on grill at different times and moved around and up/down as necessary. Here are pics when ribeye went on (last):

Garlic tops were sliced off and steak was eaten with some of the garlic squeezed on it. Corn was slathered with melted butter, as were skinned potato outer-layers (centers were a bit uncooked). Broccoli rabe was finished with very good olive oil and a good sea salt. Carrots got a bit lost in the mix – parts were burned and parts raw. They were nibbled at, then thrown away.

4 Likes