Joe Amiels Bay Pointe Inn, Highlands NJ is open I've heard mixed reviews anyone been?

Welcome to hungry onion. You just joined today and your first and only post was to talk about a restaurant that has temporarily shut down for the winter? Come on man

Bob delete this bs

2 Likes

TBH I think there is more to this…a couple of weeks ago they posted a menu for restaurant week, then abruptly decided to close for the winter (which nobody in the area here does?)…read a few posts on their FB post where they announced the winter closing and through the comments it looks like they indeed are closed for good… I am saddened by this as it was becoming a favorite place of mine to go…maybe the food wasn’t the greatest but it filled a niche in the area for me as a nice place to go for a drink, decent meal, great atmosphere.

I was going to comment that I know they were opened in December last year because I was there. Too bad, I hope he does open something up there, not exclusively seafood. (the food wasn’t that great sadly) Did the tiki bar ever catch on? They did a hell of a job with the outside bar area, but I never saw it busy.

I thought he did fair business at the tiki bar…always had good music there too. Shame because we were there Christmas Eve last year and had a wonderful time. Just wait til Mcloone buys it…

Oh geeze now you’ve jinxed it good!!!

@corvette_johnny While Monmouthguy might have had an ax to grind, it looks like his post was legit.

1 Like

Sorry couldn’t help myself…maybe Marilyn??? (digs hole deeper)

2 Likes

my god, we’ll need bullet proof vests when her employees come on her to attack us for our opinions. Then poor Greg will have to play peace maker yet again…
On a side note- I spent some time awake last night comparing yelp reviews to opinions our site seems to have for places and R&B had one of the largest disconnects I came across…maybe it’s just through intimidation of their smoking manager/attack dog and her text barrages…lol

2 Likes

LOL…I have yet to step foot in the place after having been friendly with the previous owners…shame.

CUT IT OUT. Both of you!

1 Like

too far?

1 Like

Yes!!

True. It appears to be correct but there is obviously a motive here. Anyway, hopefully something cool goes in there. I like that property and I miss the old neals.

Bay Pointe Inn

on Google

Reopening under new ownership - details forthcoming!

1 day ago

4 Likes

The new owners know what they’re doing! Hopefully this will be the hot spot this beautiful place deserves to be! More details soon.

It wouldn’t take much to better than Joe Amiel

1 Like

Please share more details!!!

Sadly the Bay Pointe Inn wasn’t a highlight on his resume.

Neither was Sallee Tees

1 Like