It's about time we foodies got our own horror movie

I’m guessing that this is classified as a horror movie, but it does look entertaining

2 Likes

He’s cutting beef on the same board as the chicken!?!

3 Likes

Looks interesting enough to me to stop watching the trailer halfway. I don’t care to know the entire movie plot before I go see it.

3 Likes

Don’t know the full plot but sounds like I read the book, The Most Dangerous Game.

2 Likes

@Respectfully_Declined with respect, The Most Dangerous Game, although excellent, was about hunters. This is about foodies.

1 Like

Yes, I agree on both. :blush: Just guessing it’s The Most Dangerous Game meets Motel Hell.

2 Likes

Good cast they got there. And I’ve had a mild crush on Anya Taylor-Joy since The Queen’s Gambit.

1 Like

That line ‘…nuthin’ but a cook…’ from a gore movie bitd did me in for life.

1 Like

The world needs Rory Calhoun right now!

2 Likes

I laughed hard at the harvest scene from Motel Hell. As I recall the tractor was popping wheelies. I haven’t watched that movie in ages. But it’s never far from memory.

3 Likes

It IS scary when you unintentionally pop a wheelie on one. Used to have a front end loader with the touchiest clutch.

Motel Hell was a cool flick.

3 Likes

I might have done it a few times on a tractor and all the time on a Bobcat.

2 Likes

Hunger Games with molecular gastronomy energy bars!

6 Likes

Even when you’ve got 700-900+ pounds worth of weights front-loaded. I’m like, “DAYUM, over popped the clutch”.

True story time: When I exited the Army the DITY-Move deal figured miles as the crow flies, from your then last base to your home. DITY-Move claimed 300 miles but the only driving distance was more like 390 miles.

So I got a weight on my trailer, calculated how much more my trailer needed to weigh to make me even with the Army on the actual miles traveled, and temporarily loaded about 900 pounds of tractor weights (that my apartment complex conveniently had laying around) onto my trailer for my “official” weigh in.

2 Likes
1 Like

Oh there was a doozie a few decades ago: The Cook The Thief, His Wife, Her Lover. While not intended for that genre, it was truly horrifying. Helen Mirren was in the cast. I know this only because a friend saw it. :scream_cat:

3 Likes

It was stunning. A visual & culinary orgy.

3 Likes

Well, it was kind of an orgy in many ways…

2 Likes

It was? I’ve seen it, it’s great, and I don’t remember any orgy scenes. Have I forgotten something?

1 Like

No orgy scenes, was using it in a not literal way. Interesting, yet creepy, but I do love Helen Mirren.

1 Like