I'm Craving. .

thanks to the grilling thread, I was craving pork chops, and tonight I shall have them. brown sugar and mustard, and on the grill. grilled zucchini with OO, s&P, and boiled new potatoes with butter and chives.

2 Likes

Lol. Just posted there and this was a few down on the list - and now Iā€™m craving grilled corn on the cobb

1 Like

The exact same thing happened to me the other day. Someone posted about smothered pork chops so I had to make them last night. lol This place can be dangerous when you are hungry! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine.

2 Likes

Lentil soup

1 Like

Craving me a white bean soup with spinach, tomtā€™sā€¦
Cheesy bread to go with that bad boy!

1 Like

There is nothing like a super cold salad plate with cold old school lettuce and gobbs and gobbs of Roquefort or Bleu Cheese dressing with fresh ground pepper and sea saltā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah that is some good stuff. I use to love when salads were served on near freezing stainless steal plates.

1 Like

ā€œBest Iā€™ve ever had were found at Aldiā€

Thank you for the tip
Do you remember the brand?

Well, let me clarify. Theyā€™re the best commercial sea salt caramels Iā€™ve ever had.

Dark chocolate and very chewy. And stupid cheap

Theyā€™re ā€œSPECIALLY SELECTEDā€ brand, (Aldi of course!), and were $2.99 for ten ounce tub containing about 15 pieces. Definitely recommended if youā€™ve ever put back a few pieces of coconut creams with a nibble off the corner into a box of Whitmanā€™s. HAHA!!

1 Like

Ah, I was talking about the Valenti gelato but those sound wonderful. No Aldi out here :frowning:

Okā€¦thanks I thought you were referring to gelato.
Yesā€¦Iā€™ve had the caramels
Iā€™m no stranger to Aldiā€™s chocolate
They are good but I was gifted a tin of
Lands end, chocolate and sea salt covered caramels and
they were quite a bit more terrificā€¦who knew!

If you see the chocolate sea salt caramel
covered almonds at your Aldi pick them up
they are crazy good.

Ah, ā€œIā€ thought you were talking about cravings and just saw ā€œsea salt caramelā€.

And yeah, theyā€™re preety gud.

1 Like

Our younger daughter (with her own kids now) doesnā€™t care for chocolate so Iā€™ve bought those caramels for her a few times.

We were pigging on the salted caramel for a while

Iā€™m totally addicted to the Tiramisu gelato. I love coffee ice cream and this one has a little caramel. Heaven!

1 Like

3 Likes

What are they? Look great!

Lamb. Today is Pascha. Easter for us Orthodox

2 Likes

Itā€™s warmer than it should be and Iā€™m wearing jeans. I could really go for a nice tart tamarindo agua fresca. Or a coconut paleta. Maybe both!

Is that a stock photo or is that something you were involved in? Thatā€™s a lot of lamb!!

1 Like