Il Nido, Marlboro, NJ

That looks fantastic! I’m proud to have been a contributor to 2 out of your top 3 favorites!! (I’m also a big fan of Angelica’s but I wasn’t one of the first posters of theirs)

3 Likes

Il Nido is at the top of my list for when I return to dining out… Whenever the hell that will be!

3 Likes

That looks awesome. I love their charcuterie platter. We usually have leftovers and make kitchen sink pasta with them.
We have reservations for next Sunday and can’t wait.

4 Likes

They have outdoor dining in tents with heat lamps. The owner owns the whole strip mall so they have plenty of room.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Regional Chinese roundup 3.0 (SF Bay Area)

We had another excellent dinner at Il Nido under harrowing and stressful circumstances. When I left my house, almost 50 miles away, I received a low tire warning in my front row passenger side tire.I have seen this warning before and didn’t pay it much mind. I figured I would take care of it tomorrow. I don’t have a spare tire but have run flat tires. As we were driving closer to South Jersey you could really hear the right side grinding away. We stopped to fill the tire up with air but when I reset the tire reading it showed zero pressure in the front right tire, which seemed unusual. We didn’t notice anything at the time. We were already late for dinner so we just drove to the restaurant. When we got out of the car we saw that the tire was shredded :disappointed_relieved: we tried to enjoy the dinner while worrying how I would get home. I just drove under 50 miles an hour the whole ride home and luckily made it home. I’ll worry about getting a new tire tomorrow.
Anyway, we enjoyed Rohan duck breast, crab stuffed cod, excellent baked oysters with crab meat, spinach, and hollandaise sauce, chittara pasta with a lamb ragu, and the always excellent charcuterie board. It all went great with a couple of excellent cabernets.

10 Likes

Wow … quite a feast !!!

And a highly interesting menu …

1 Like

For the record based on the “Portions” thread I would like to point out that the charcuterie platter pictured above is for multiple people to share, that is not an individual order!

3 Likes

Fingers crossed that you didn’t bend the rim! Glad you two got home safely (and with full bellies)!

2 Likes

Yes, and we took half of it home to repurpose as a pasta dish later in the week :slightly_smiling_face: I also wanted to note regarding the ‘portions’ thread, that I also photograph my plates up close to show more details of the food like @gcaggiano (causing the portions to look larger than they are). Also, some (not all) of the restaurants in the US do give larger portions to make their customers happy and give them their money’s worth (especially if you are spending $40 to $50+ for an entrée). We always order more food to get a taste of everything but also have leftovers for another meal at home. Mrs. P always takes a few bites of everything and then takes it home. I take more than a few bites but will leave some over of dishes that contain huge portions.

3 Likes

Thanks @CurlzNJ! Yes, we made it home in one piece. It was a harrowing ride, but I drove between 40-50 on the GSP with my hazard lights on. Hopefully I didn’t bend the rim. I have the car with the mechanic now. He ordered a new tire. Hopefully it will be ready later today. I gave a very good test of the run flat tires theory :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Isn’t that what they said about the enormous mixed grill at Apella? :grin:

3 Likes

And look what happened to them!!

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKctb5sAo7I/?igshid=1h2ac7anpegho

3 Likes

So sorry to hear of your “tire” ordeal.

I am sure that the Usa has an emergency service like we do here in Spain, called R.A.C.E.

i think in the Usa is called: A.A.A.

They come wherever you are and change a tire or re-charge a battery or etcetra.

Take care.

1 Like

Thank you!
Luckily I had these ‘run flat’ tires that you can drive while flat under 50 miles an hour for about 50 miles. I was able to make it home safely and bought a new tire the next day.
And just our luck my wife hit a pothole on the way home Friday and caused another flat tire on the front drivers side that had to be replaced. So that is 2 flat tires and $800 down the drain in the last 2 weeks :worried:

2 Likes

So I read your post @paryzer and then automatically clicked on “like.”

Then I thought about it and I thought, "That’s horrible! Poor Eli! Why did I “like” that?

Glad all is well now!

2 Likes

Thanks @seal :slightly_smiling_face:
Hopefully that will be the worst thing to happen in 2021.

1 Like

Oh my … Sorry to hear about your “tire dilema” …

800 Usd $ – expensive !

Thanks! Yes, that is $400 a tire. They are special run flat tires that can run on a flat tire for over 50 miles. I can certify that through experience :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like