Ideas for cooking halibut

I like the one I have, but I’ll take another one, sure.

1 Like

We only eat wild salmon raw as in Nigriri or Sashimi and / or ceviche, and / or for a brunch smoked or Gravlax …

We sub the ham or bacon with Smoked Salmon for Eggs Benedict. Very popular here.

Halibut: This fish is usually caught off of the coast of Southern Ireland by Spanish fishermen/fisherwomen …

HIPPOGLOSSUS is the Latin name for this fish.
And its range extends from The Bay of Biscay up to Greenland. If it is caught in Spain´s Waters, it is resasonably priced. Wild: 15 €uros a kilo …

Also it can be found in northern Galician waters & northern Portuguese Waters. It is called “Solla de altura” or Solla or in Spanish Platija. In Portuguese: Called Solha.

1 Like

Trying again and good to know! This time a bargain , on sale at $20.00 usd/pound.

4 Likes

Thinking about making this tonight, and omitting the dried basil and mozzarella.

1 Like

Not sure where you are but I believe “shrinkrap” is here on the West Coast.
Here Yelloweye Rockfish (Sebastes ruberrimus) is called “Red Snapper” it is not Northern Red Snapper (Lutjanus campechanus) that is Red Snapper on the on the East Coast.
I was amazed at the price and then the appearance of “Red Snapper” when I first moved out here!

2 Likes