I got black & blue marks at Stew Leonard's, Yonkers...

Uh oh. Not good.

I just got black and blue shopping at Costco in Yonkers. They are crazy there! The fly around with those big carts. I love the ones on the cell phone while they are flying. Good grief. I think I’ll go to Danbury next time! It s a bit tamer.

I was so freaked out by the quiet and sanity at the Danbury Costco I video taped myself shopping while humming the Twilight Zone theme … wishing you a rapid recovery!

Why are they so nuts in Yonkers - wow!!!

I don’t know…even several of the employees of late are a little
nasty crazy… Southern Westchester has gone to shit!

It was actually a bittersweet tour for me. I went down Central Avenue and started sobbing the minute I hit the Ford dealer - thinking of mom. We spent a lot of time on Central. But it really has changed. I was trying to pick out what used to be where - Korvettes, Klein’s. B My parakeet is buried under what is now Party City but was a movie theater.

That just happened … Party city
Thank goodness they landmarked the building
What a tough day…I hope you can find peace and
gratitude knowing that you live in a nicer place now.

Strangely it is easier for me to let go seeing that
it is not the same…I’m sorry you are sad and missing
your mom…but glad you have the memories
you are in my thoughts

2 Likes

My condolences as well, winecountrygirl. <3

1 Like

I’ll admit that I miss fuddruckers when it was on central ave. I was young at the time, but that was a marvelous place to get your burger cravings fixed.

1 Like

I always thought the burgers and buns at fuddruckers were too sweet.

My dad loved salad bars and treated the taco fixings station at Fuddruckers like one!

Hah. Did you ever make it to Milk Maid in White Plains? People piled the toppings on their ice creams like it was their last meal.

Yep, but not with dad!

Well, decided to take the plunge again. We needed to shop for some items for the grill so went to Stew’s. There have been some changes in the store. Fewer gesticulating displays for the kids. It seemed there were more tasting stations than usual, almost at every juncture. So as we shopped we nibbled, too. Navigating is still a pain with everyone walking around in a daze of some sort. Just a few accidents though, a few nicks. The worst was when we stopped in the cheese area in order to sample their popular Brooklyn Style Pastrami. Got wacked right in the ass. Quick smiles at each other and that was it. The pastrami was delicious! It was worth the peril…

1 Like