Hurricane Cuisine, or what's on the menu NJ

@MZ - Furniture is nestled into the corner of the deck protected by the house, fire pit is in the outside shower and the paddle boards are in the middle of the living room (Mr. Bean is a worry wort).

@VikingKaj - Settled on some Stewart’s Ginger Beer but we usually use either Goslings or the big 2 liter Jamaican stuff we pick up in Asbury.

@CurlzNJ - Mr. Bean heard on the news that you should be prepared with 2-3 days worth of food. He had 2 questions 1) how many days worth of alcohol do we need and 2) how much food do we need to get rid of in order to have 2-3 days worth.

Missy

2 Likes

src="//hungryonionstatic.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/original/2X/2/294501b379a13b20ce19a5d64249a8594f6defb4.jpg" width=“700” height=“393”>

Babs, wow where do you do 30lbs? In the garage? What is that, like two trimmed briskets? That’s gotta smell.

If I were one of the weenie whiners on chowhound I’d be asking if you have a hazmat permit for the brine…

But it’s certainly less worse for the watershed than all my neighbors who water and over fertilize their lawns.

1 Like

Well dudes and dudettes hermine’s a dud.

Unless your a surfer…

It’s freaking gorgeous out! Some day time drinking and grilling are in my near future I think. Not a bad session yesterday

1 Like

All prepared with some slow cooker pot roast with carrots and dark chocolate ice cream made supersaturated with chocolate so the extra forms lots and lots of tiny chocolate bits.

1 Like

It is two whole briskets. I did them in a cooler. No particular odor & nothing in the brine that’s not biodegradable. Just some very tasty corned beef at the end. Ahhhhhh… I can smell one simmering even as we speak. And an added bonus, since mine aren’t water-inflated they don’t shrink to half the size when I cook them.

1 Like

Chicken asado i mojo

Friloles with bacon sage & onion, potatoes rice clams, jalapeno poppers

Unfortunately no tostades

Looks deeeeeeeelicious!

Mojo makes everything better!

Yes everything does go better with mojo. That chicken was so moist and flavourful. Straits of Florida menu today grillin with my buds.

So according to Lonnie on CBS2, looks like herminey will be lingering off our coast till Friday.

More hurricane hits to follow, just keep her between the navigational beacons.

So the weather has been funky all day to say the least. Its like a angry cat hiding in a burka. Dark, blowing and spitting like there is something out there, but then nothing serious comes down.

Its kind of warm and humid so I am thinking something light, like a chicken salad with gorgonzola and walnuts on a bed of romaine with a little garlic toast to go with.

Final assembly. The romaine salad has Thai purple ruffled basil, Italian basil, cilantro, cherry tomatoes and green onion. The garnish plate also has a little chopped fresh (Jersey) hatch chili on it…

Don’t tell my wife about the hatch she’ll think I’m trying to poison her again…