Hurricane Cuisine, or what's on the menu NJ

No particular menu planned but I did make a Shoprite run to pick up just-in-case emergency provisions: Ground coffee in case we lose power at coffee time, shelf-stable milk for said coffee and more ginger beer in case we have too many dark and stormys and run out.

Missy

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got some pork filets at home and as long as the rain holds off I will prolly grill those up. Maybe some Tater tits with bearnaise to go with. Sliced tomatoes and a kohlrabi salad.

Hows that sound?

You know I find myself making lots of tots lately.

Just driving over to the Gimmer Glass slips this morning, it seemed to be the ā€œput the patio furniture in the garageā€ day. One thingā€™s for certain - Spirit of '76 is the busiest place in town.

Ran the grinder this morning so Iā€™m set. Have a Guatemalan finca quezqueques and a Kauai koloa estate all ground up and ready to go.

What kind of ginger beer are you running?

Absolutely! Or you could just go to the store and buy oneā€¦then you know you have duck!

I like the way you think, @MsBean! Iā€™ve got plenty to eat and drink and am just waiting to see how bad it really gets in APā€¦

Wonder how that happened, @VikingKaj! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

genuinely hope yā€™all get nothing more than the wind and rain and unholy mess that Hermine left across Florida.

PITA to be sure, but no major damage or destruction.

1 Like

Curlz, well we had an errant Canadian who wandered into thread by mistake not understanding the universe according to Jersey.

So after setting him straight about the big blowbowsky we had to change the title to the thread to avoid further problems with Newfies.

Or were you referring to the tots?

Sunshine, right now they are saying it is going to park itself off our coast and do one of those little loops while it get stronger.

So we could have the PITA for a couple days.

With our decrepit power company up here who is headquartered in Cincinnati we could be in for good times again.

I went over the oceanic bridge about 2 hours ago. There are Ohio power trucks stacked up at the foot of the bridge taking in some east wind and enjoying the scenery. Hopefully this doesnā€™t get bad but it appears they are preparing this time. Notice I said Ohio :confused:

Ha! I was referring to the tots. :grin:

I was on the boards last night (listening to Willie Nelson, who was playing the summer stage at the Pony) and ended up chatting with a group that had just arrivedā€¦ They said they saw tons of utility trucks staged at Monmouth Racetrack on their way over.

So we have bratwurst with an assortment of German mustards, dill potato salad, German tomato salad (vinaigrette, parsley, onions) and a kohlrabi carrot and apple salad.

My wife said no more Tater tits ā€¦

CJ for Sandy the guys who hooked us up were from Ashtabula and had driven all night.

And 12 days after the storm we were damn glad they did.

Sorry wife said more tots. I had to deviate.

That was no more tots. Damn cell phones.

So now they are saying this thing may take up residence off our coast and linger until Thursday.

Just what we need, more immigration from the Caribbean.

And no that was not an endorsement of any buffoon billionaires from NYC.

1 Like

Well, back to the menu topicā€¦ Iā€™m decanting about 30# of home corned corned beef tomorrow so itā€™s corned beef & cabbage tomorrow & ribs on Monday.