How do you "milk" your cereal?

For those that enjoy cereal, how do you milk your cereal? And how much milk do you add?

HOW DO YOU “MILK” YOUR CEREAL?
  • Add milk once before I start eating
  • Add milk as needed as I eat
  • Milk? I prefer my cereal just like my white wine, dry.

0 voters

HOW MUCH MILK DO YOU ADD TO YOUR CEREAL?
  • I like a 2:1 ratio of cereal to milk
  • I think of cereal as simply a way to make milk more palatable, so I like a 1:2 ratio of cereal to milk
  • I like equal parts cereal and milk, so a ratio of 1:1

0 voters

1 Like

I went to a taping of The Colbert Report a few years ago, and the guest was JB Smoove. He screened a video of how he eats cereal: dry cereal in one bowl, milk in another. Dip a spoonful of dry cereal in the milk. Lather, rinse, repeat. This seems like a good method.

1 Like

That’s how I eat my fries with ketchup.

So you’ll be easy to cross-train.

Who adds milk as they go? And who adds twice as much milk to cereal? Who are these monsters?

I actually like my cereal:milk roughly 3:2. Cereal should remain crunchy, but each bite should have a bit of milk to take some out of the sweetness and dryness out of it.

1 Like

I’m just easy generally.

Resisting a number of very off-color responses.

1 Like

1 Like

What I like to call “absorbent” cereals, such as shredded wheat, get a bit more milk than Cheerios or raisin bran. And if I add too much milk at the outset, I’ll just sprinkle in a bit more cereal to soak it up.

Didn’t we have a thread about whether adding the cereal to a bowl of milk is better than pouring milk on a bowl of cereal?
I can’t find it.

I missed that. Can you summarize the results of these findings for me? :slightly_smiling_face:

I always do the opposite out of habit. Maybe it’s from those ancient days in elementary school, where they gave us those little plastic bowled single servings of cereal in school, and you poured your milk into it. But it seems that cereal first would help with actually ‘measuring’ (and I use that term very loosely) the amount of cereal you want to eat.

1 Like

No milk. Heavy cream splashed on hot oatmeal. (1/2 cup dry oatmeal, microwaved with water to cover + several tablespoons cream added at table.)

YES! THIS! (But hot milk and only cornflakes, you can go be grossed out now. All non-cornflakes cereal is dry snacking or dessert.)

Whoa, wait, what?

Smiley Face Love Sticker by Emoji for iOS & Android | GIPHY | Animated emoticons, Emoticons emojis, Funny emoji

Hot milk, add some sugar and stir it in. Bowl of cornflakes on the side. Take some cornflakes, pour a bit of milk and let it only slightly soften the cereal. Eat. Repeat. Drink up the slightly sweetened, cornflake-flavored warm milk at the end. You’re welcome.

Bowing Smiley Gif GIFs | Tenor