HotPot HOdown Little Sheep [Edison, NJ] 7/23

@CurlzNJ
@corvette_johnny

It really is crazy. I left work heading south on Rte 35. The north side of the street light was out but the south side has power.

Up in Shrewsbury The Grove Shopping plaza on the northbound side is closed without power while the West plaza, on the southbound side, is open as usual.

1 Like

I have power at my house but across the street has been out since 6ish last night. No ETA on when it will be restored for them either.

Reservations set! I’m starving.

Pretty certain you’re ALWAYS starving, no? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Intermittent fasting will do that to you.

3 Likes

Something I’ve learned since buying our house(2013) is even though we’re a 1.5 miles away my house is on the same grid as Riverview Medical Center so we rarely lose power and are always one of if not the highest priority grids to get power restored in this immediate area.

1 Like

Yeah I think hospitals and areas where there could be looting get the top priority.

Sorry I missed out last night guys. I took a nap and enjoyed the new ac. I haven’t slept in my bed in about a week. I ended up going to Jersey Mike’s and asked myself “why did I come to Jersey mikes” after taking a bite. It was ok but 11.xx for a little sub and small fountain soda is a bit much.

@MsBean my parents power came on at 1:10 last night.

So now to the action… let’s hear about the feast! Curlz sent me a few pics and I was drooling!

Ps, the new nest thermostat seems pretty cool

Full report:
We ate. And ATE. And AAAAAAAAAATE. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I had forgotten that we went on a Tuesday because it was AYCE night (summers only, sez @joonjoon ). So that’s what we did! Five of us, two bubbling cauldrons of 1/2 original broth, 1/2 spicy, and plate after plate AFTER plate of da meats. Fatty beef, less fatty beef, pork, lamb, beef AND lamb meatballs, + dumplings, shrimp, tripe, and an array of veggies, including taro, watercress, chrysanthemum, spinach, bamboo, more tripe, and…what am I forgetting? Oh, yeah–pictures:

8 Likes

Nice pics! So who ate the most chilis? :smile:

Honestly, nobody did! I know Joon tried one, but that broth was a bit weird–not sure we ever figured out what was missing, but I did do more than a few pieces of meat in it… I also forgot the make-your-own-sauce bar–that was a highlight for us as well! Oh, and we were in the VIP room. Had to stay away from the riff-raff… unless WE were the riff-raff? :laughing:

3 Likes

We needed more meat pictures!!

That was definitely mishypoo, she made a sauce that was basically all chili and garlic. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, riiiiiiiiiiight—she used the Thai chilis!
My sauce/salad was a mix of scallions, cilantro, hot chile oil, garlic, and sesame sauce.

So while you all were getting your hot pot on, I went all Pan-Asian for my family. Pork chops with Maple Gojujang glaze and sauce:

And then continuing the theme with sesame ginger hoisin wings:

Some of the more adventurous even broke out an old bottle of saki, completing the trilogy.

5 Likes

Those flavor combinations sound awesome.

1 Like

Here’s some meat and some of the infamous sauces.

Big thanks to @joonjoon for suggesting and coordinating the HP HOdown. The food was great and the company even better. I’m gonna have to figure out a way to get back here to catch another AYCE before the end of summer .

10 Likes

Nice pics! So what meat was everyone’s favorite?

1 Like

Thanks.

My favorites were the ox tongue, all things lamb, and the beef tendon. You definitely need some vegetables to cut the meatiness. My favorites were the watercress and spinach.

2 Likes

The pork and lamb were my favs along with the chrysanthemum greens and the spinach. Also the quail eggs.

2 Likes

looks like the PSTOF…(proverbial shit ton of food)… Sorry I missed it, it was my daughters birthday…
Next time…

2 Likes