Hot sauces: what are you eating now? How many is too many?

I’ve developed a fondness for the very simple but very complimentary Goya Salsa Picante, which is usually $.99 a bottle.

2 Likes

Love Love Love spicy food!
I eat chilies of all kinds - fresh/whole - with a sandwich
I put hot sauce on everything - sriracha with feta; buffalo hot sauce on wings;
Every meal I make or order is spicy - Indian/Chinese/Mexican/etc.

That said, I stay under the ~8000 in scoville units; my kids have tried the 5-800,000 range just to try it out. That is too much for me even on a dare.

4 Likes

I think one of the original questions was how many are too many. My answer is about three more than fit in your pantry.

I have a predilection for Dave’s Insanity Sauce because…well…Dave and insane. grin

At one point I had a couple of dozen sauces. Now we have about six.

4 Likes

This has been popping up on “my feed” for days. I’m thinking Google knows I have some rocoto peppers.

I’m hopeful Google knows how to help me find MY optimum hot sauce balance.

Google knows everything! I’m serious. If you type words in on your phone it picks up on them and I swear they pick up speech.

My mom now gets all of these ads for marijuana. She mentioned the word one day since a very ill family member of mine was recommended it as a possible bandaid for a bad situation (from her doctor.) She now gets weed ads and never searched for the term. She just mentioned it.

Another creepy one…on a trip to Japan I turned my phone off before my US flight left. I never tuned it on the entire time in Japan. So I fly back home. Google then starts asking me to review places I visited over there!!! What??? How the hell does that happen? Did google know I was with someone and their phone was on? Moral of the story, don’t ever say anything incriminating near your phone. Someone is always listening.

Onto hot sauce, I picked some Lidl brand cayenne. It was cheap and on par with Frank’s, crystal, Louisiana,etc. Not a bad buy for the price if you need cheap sauce for wings or whatever.

3 Likes

I think there is an option for Google to know your current location. It tracks your location even when you are offline. And once it gets your location it gives you applicable ads. Also, if you searched for marijuana, or looked for any products, Google will run ads on other pages you visit to cater to what you previously searched for.

2 Likes

Privacy is dead. We ordered take out last night from a restaurant we NEVER ordered from and when we got to the page to enter payment information, it asked us if we wanted to pay with card #1 or card #2 and both were our credit cards. Where did it get our card information? Creepy!

2 Likes

I have no credit so I’m safe.
:cowboy_hat_face:
If someone steals my identity they’re in for a rude awakening.

3 Likes

I know that Google has an option to save your credit card information so you don’t have to enter it each time you shop online. They can also save your passwords to various sites. It can be very convenient and creepy at the same time :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The issue was the phone was off so how did the gps system track me with no signal? I didnt turn it on once.

2 Likes

They somehow have a way to track you when the device is off. I take my iPad to dinner for my pictures, and even though the restaurant might not have wifi, and my iPad is off at the time, when I go to post on Instagram, it somehow picks up the name and location of my restaurant. I think there is an option in the settings where you can allow each app to know your location or not.

2 Likes

With the newer IPHone, it knows where you are bec when I am driving, it tells me I cannot use my cell and that my cell cannot accept any incoming messages

Have you considered a PayPal account?

Other than the secure site like health insurance, pharmacy and dog supply that I had subscribed to for a long time autopay using my CC, an I use Papal for all else. That way, my CC info is kept private.

1 Like

Your browser saved them from your previous use of your cards. i.e. you entered it into a site via your browser and it remembers that for you. I love that feature actually. No need to re-enter all my information each time. You can change your browser settings not to do this and can also just clear your cache regularly.

The internet is wonderful at saving and indexing.

3 Likes

So far as I am concerned, the moment Equifax was hacked and the most delicate information of almost every American was stolen and is now being sold, privacy is dead.
I am not even worried. I am just at the point where I admit it. Scott McNealy said that back around 2001, and it took me a while, but now I agree.

2 Likes

But the equifax data loss has nothing to do with why your browser self-populates your credit card information when purchasing an item on the internet. You understand why that happens, correct?

Yes, I do. It is still annoying that the defaults are that companies get your private data, even though I can go and clear the cache or change my settings. My general point was that privacy is dead. There are a lot of examples on why.

1 Like

Got it. You also don’t have to use their services if storage of data upsets you. Many are free, after all and need to raise revenue some how.

You do have a choice about whether to use the internet or not. And privacy was never really “alive” in your lifetime anyway. Long before you ever went online, you probably had a bank account, credit cards, a driver’s license. You pay taxes, you have a social security number, you vote. Your information has always been out there.

1 Like

This doesn’t sound appetizing to me, but I must be in the minority.

I was seriously distracted by the earwax ad. Was that curated for me? Looked “mad cray”, as my daughter would say, but I didn’t dare click on it.

1 Like