Hot Dogs!

Since the Polish disappeared, we’ve passed on the food court. Indeed, we’re favoring 2-day online ordering staples instead of schlepping through the warehouse and maybe finding good stuff. There are a lot of fish in the sea, and many seas to fish.

2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

"…many first-timers joined in because it was an opportunity to hang out with friends and enjoy a barbecue.

"As French newspaper Le Monde put it, the wafts of sausage are “the madeleine de Proust of the workers’ movement.”

It has always seemed to me the French take to the streets to protest more often than other countries. Now I understand.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsKAzu7oo3N/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

3 Likes

You can’t faire la grève without proper nourishment.

2 Likes

That just screams Midwestern church supper.

1 Like

But do they have a drive-thru window ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A roadfood buddy checks in…

2 Likes

From Ikea in Japan!

2 Likes

Very unappealing to me!

3 Likes

Agreed!

Nope!

Black Dogs Matter.

#BDM

3 Likes

Nothing special (a pan fried Hebrew National reduced fat on a lightly toasted bun with Roland Dijon, diced red onion, and sauerkraut) but still delicious.

5 Likes

They used to have hot dog vendors outside of Home Depots here, I think that came to an end when the covid lockdown started, or maybe before.

1 Like

Let’s bow our heads in memory of Nicholas Gray, 86, founder of Gray’s Papaya and Hot Dogs in New York City, spurring a movement with lots of imitators across Manhattan. Gift link to the NY Times:

https://tinyurl.com/2j59e42t

(the preview isn’t displayed, but the link should work)

9 Likes
2 Likes

Finally made this!

This picture doesn’t do justice to how GIANT this is. We have:

• a 12 inch flour tortilla, warmed through on my grill
  • a bed of mashed potato
  • fried onions
  • 1/5lb. Snake River Farms monster dog
  • homemade shrimp salad
  • more fried onions
  • pickled sweet banana peppers (not traditional, but they helped cut through the richness of everything)

This is one of the most delightful things to ever put me in an absolute food coma! Highly recommend. Have plenty of napkins on hand and clear your schedule for the nap you will need upon eating it all!

Here’s a clip from the No Reservations episode where Anthony Bourdain tries it for the first time:

8 Likes