[Hong Kong, Taipei] Recommendations requested

The peak now has branches of Mak’s, Tsui Wah, and Tai Cheong. so you can knock out wonton noodle, soy sauce western/ Hainan chicken rice, and egg tarts all in one trip:

Good to know that Peak has some decent offering now. Last time we visited Peak must be some years ago.

Having done more research, it now seems as if I will have to eat continuously for the duration of my trip.

Thanks, @sck, for the Peak info. I won’t plan to eat there but it’s good to know there are decent options if hunger strikes.

@klyeoh, can you tell me the Chinese characters for the crabmeat noodle dish you so enjoy at Fu Sing? I will try to eat there. Would you also still recommend Formosa in the Howard Plaza Hotel? We are staying quite close to there, which also puts us close to Mume and Ban Mu Garden. There is also a Shin Yeh branch nearby (not sure I want to pay the premium for the Taipei 101 view, plus it’s my experience that earthbound food is better!).

1 Like

Taipei:
Check out Tian Xia San Jue (Daan district) for some excellent high end (still affordable) beef noodles.
Pick up a few bottles of Kavalan, about 50% off US retail prices!

HK
Some recs from my HK Trip last year.
Capital Cafe (Wanchai) for old school HK breakfast

1 Like

plragde - sorry, I don’t remember the menu description of the noodle dish at Fu Sing, but they’d know once you describe it as a noodle dish with cream sauce and crabmeat.

Not sure if Formosa is still as good as it has been a few years since I was last there, but you can ask your hotel concierge for their opinion. It is an old, established restaurant, so Taipei folks should know how it stands at the moment.

Reports from my trip available here and here. Thanks again for all the great suggestions!

2 Likes

Looked like you had a fabulous time. The food pics looked amazing.

I did have a good time. The pictures are just point-and-tap with an iPhone 6, so all credit is due to Apple.

1 Like