Holiday Treats 2022

Freaking AMAZING!!!

Night-before-the-party update:

Ginger spice cookies, lacy brown butter ricotta cookies, biscotti and candied ginger shortbread are BAKED.

About to mix and bake: spiced cranberry bundt.

In the fridge, chilling, to be baked later tonight: fruity meltaways.

NO PRESSURE.

12 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What are you baking? December 2022

Amazing!! I love those. Are you from Western Canada??

1 Like

I love olive oil cakes, but I did not love Stella Parks’ chocolate olive oil cake. That’s the only experience I have with that pairing.

1 Like

Haven’t made that particular one either.

1 Like

No but those were sent from northwestern Ontario. Recognize the ouvre ? The salty toffee nut one on shortbread is a hit too. Rocky road.

1 Like

Glazed my shortbread just for kicks.

13 Likes

The PB marshmallow bars are especially popular in the Prairies. Often made with the multicoloured marshmallows and called confetti bars! I like them, too.

2 Likes

The Menlo Park CA store had a bunch the other day, grabbed one while I could!

@MunchkinRedux I checked the proportions against the ones I’ve made, and here are my 2c:

• Cocoa seems low if you want a deep chocolate flavor
  • Oil is higher than average
  • Baking soda is high for a cake with eggs (they’ve kept almost the same proportion as wacky / amazon cake whereas most recipes that add eggs dial back the bs by a lot bec there’s already lift from the eggs)
3 Likes

Thank you - very helpful!

Nice. These have some rice crispies in there too. Not a ton. They are my favorite out of the whole lot.

1 Like

These are the ones I used to make with Rice Krispies. https://www.aspicyperspective.com/scotcharoos-peanut-butter-rice-krispie-bars/

I haven’t made these for Xmas, but I’ve made them for birthdays. A CH/FB friend recommended the recipe. https://cookiesandcups.com/peanut-butter-cup-crack-brownies/

1 Like

Checking in from my train to NYC. I’ve got a spiced cranberry bundt cake wrapped and padded to within an inch of its life, five kinds of cookies, and a bag of our famous local potato chips in the overhead compartment. Beautiful day for a trip :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Have a wonderful time!

1 Like

The only place I can find them is at our local town’s liquor store, and I found them there by pleasant accident.

Famous local potato chips? Haven’t had really good chips for a long time. Think the big brands must buy them out and close them down. What is the name of yours?

Martin’s (York, PA)

Utz are also made here. But Martins are the GOAT.

2 Likes

Close enough to Manitoba to count!