Help identifying copper cookware

Looks like NYC, anyone know this maker?

1 Like

I have no certain idea, but depending on the nature of the pan I could see it being Waldow if made there or Bazaar Francais if just given a marque. What is it like? Tinned? How this is the copper? What sort of handles and rivets?

I had a tough time posting additional pics, let me try again

There were actually several US makers that had a presence in New York.

AFAIK, Waldow never offered planished pieces, and I doubt Jos. Heinrichs, Barth & Sons, Duparquet or Bramhall did either. Same with the turned wooden handle. It’s also odd this is the only mark on the pan. You might peruse oldcopper.org and try to find that NYC mark.

The pan seems to be of OK thickness (actually good for American of the period), and the escutcheon seems to be very competently done. The lining–what’s left of it–might be silver.

Whatever the provenance, it is a lovely pan. I wish there were more fry pans with such handles.

1 Like

I picked up three of these, and they are smaller in size, came from estate of Jean Rouard, he opened Polonaise in Beverly Hills sometime in the 70s I believe

I picked up three of these, and they are smaller in size, came from estate of Jean Rouard, he opened Polonaise in Beverly Hills sometime in the 70s I believe, they might be silver lined as mentioned

Were there more? They are so close in size I wonder if his batterie came in 1 cm increments.

These three were the only ones I could find at the house, all the same size, small, except for one other Copper piece looks like a pie dish almost

They cleaned up pretty nice with some Brasso

As someone mentioned, they looked silver not tin, is that normal? two of them the bottoms wore out to silver

They cleaned up pretty nice with some Brasso

As you

mentioned, they looked silver not tin, is that normal? two of them the bottoms wore out to silver

No, not normal, but I think desirable, as the pan will melt before the silver. Tin will suffer at >450F.

The downsides of silver linings are: (1) The silver is very thin, so you need to be careful not to scour or use metal itensils; and (2) It’s quite expensive to resllver.

It appears to be solid silver, copper finish on bottom of two of them came off

Highly doubtful. But since you now have them, what are the exact weights, thicknesses, and diameters?