Hassenpffefer

Has anyone out there had Hassenpffer? I only know it because of the Bugs Bunny cartoon, (which is I think is very common thing.)

Probably a few times. Itโ€™s relatively common in Germany - just your basic rabbit stew.

And itโ€™s Hasenpfeffer (Hase = rabbit, Pfeffer = pepper).

1 Like

Whereas I only know the word from the opening theme song from โ€œLaverne and Shirley.โ€

6 Likes

Was that what they were saying?

3 Likes

:rofl: yes, it was!

Schlimiel!
Schlamazel!
Hassenpfeffer Incorporated!

6 Likes

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜บ.

๐˜Ž๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ž๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ข, (๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜•๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜บ, ๐˜•๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ข. ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ.)

1 Like

I donโ€™t knowโ€ฆyou if you really, really couldnโ€™t stand rabbit, it could be hassenpfeffer.

1 Like

Actually, that would indicate hate for pepper more than anything :wink:

Touchรฉ

I have, yes - thereโ€™s a restaurant here that serves it occasionally. They serve it potpie style (see pic). Itโ€™s good. If you get a chance, give it a try.

2 Likes

Where is โ€œHere" exactly?