Has anyone become a trust level regular ?

Not the trust level member , or basic . I’m asking about the regular trust level . Apparently there is a difference . I don’t know much about It or what it really does . Have you heard about this , or are you a regular ?

This seems difficult. To quote:

Regular (3)

Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time.

They can get to trust level 3 by…

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of days
must have replied to at least 10 different topics
of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25%
of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25%
must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
must not have been suspended

• These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of these must be true.

Unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements, whether from flagging or the passage of time, you will be demoted to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

Users at trust level 3 can…

recategorize and rename topics
access a private “frequent flier’s lounge” category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow416)
spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately reach the action threshold
Daily like limit increased by 2 ×

From https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924

Some, like visiting, are easy enough. Receiving likes, not so much, and could even encourage crapposting. Viewing 1/4 of all new posts is difficult on sites like this and and FTC since there are so many categories, but it could be done I suppose. Also I didn’t know there even was a “like limit”.

BTW, these criteria are all configurable. I haven’t looked at it, but its probably a good idea to tweak it such that it encourages people to participate.

If I reach that level can I get a raise?

All joking aside, what is the point of these badges and levels? Is there anymore behind them?

2 Likes

Frankly my deer, I’m not heer for the badges. . .

the outlined (default) requirements will make it quite a feat to “achieve” such a level. with billions and billions of sections for every town in USA, I’ll never read 25% of the messages - or even look at 25% of the messages.

what would really nice is a user defined/controlled list of what sections to “Show Latest” -
I thought clicking on the Categories listed below the main box would help - but that leads to boredom by a thousand clicks up and down and back and forth. regrets to say my interest is waning…

Yup.

Only if I can exchange all my badges for a gift!

I am programming a bot in order to become trust level regular, should achieve that badge by end of week.

2 Likes

Reward system in forums are silly anyway. Quality participation matters, and you can’t measure quality by these metrics. Forums just end up having users posting a bunch of random stuff soliciting likes- unintentional spam.

1 Like

Actually, the badges are useful at times, if I need to look up a certain member…

Is there a page to show all the members of the site?

You seem to be assuming that those who have these rewards did it with the sole intention of receiving them.

I agree, quality participation matters. Nothing silly about it.

Yah, I have no idea how I became a “regular”. It just happened.

And I’m a totally different person for it :laughing:

4 Likes

Me Too! I think we.should get some kind of special crown of onion rings

2 Likes

PINEAPPLE CROWN FTW!!!

(Please add some more body to the text??? I thought there was no minimum text required anymore in replies? Wha’?

2 Likes

Yes. Click on the three horizontal lines to the left of your icon. Click on users.

So have you visited the lounge ? I am there on the other site as a regular and still waiting for my cocktails ?

No.

I have a pineapple-onion crown now…I don’t have to serve drinks at another site. :wink: But, .if you’re buying…

2 Likes

To clarify, what I meant is that there are good folks who participate and contribute a lot, and if the reward system recognizes their contribution its doing the job. But for forums with reward systems, its known that there are people who are motivated to get the badges who may degrade their posting quality so they can meet the criteria quicker. These folks getting the badges actually alienates the great contributors who don’t game the system.

Same here, lingua, but I credit the oatmeal and the three-bean salad… Maybe this means we get to pal around with Tom Cruise and John Travolta? :wink:

2 Likes

Ohmygaawwwd! Let’s hope not.