Happy Thanksgiving, you HOs!

10 Likes

I ended up at Mastoris in Bordentown with family today. We were going to Americana in East Windsor, but they closed minutes before we arrived at 2 PM and were only serving their buffet. My next thought was Oliver A Bistro in Bordentown, and learned on the way down that the business closed for good in October. Nothing else appeared to be open on Farnsworth Ave. either. Had never been to Mastoris before, and it was very reasonably priced for a full Thanksgiving dinner. Glad we got there when we did because although there was a wait for a table, by the time we left the lobby was completely packed with parties waiting.

6 Likes

so

much

food

5 Likes

OMG pleaaaaase tell me they still serve the cheese buns in the bread basket and that you ate your fill!

3 Likes

No cheese buns :frowning: But I did not leave hungry!

3 Likes

I didn’t cook this year but I did procure a last minute turkey tenderloin for sandwiches on wonder bread with mayo and salt. Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.

12 Likes

Husband is supposed to be getting some bread as we “speak”!

2 Likes

Just had my first turkey sandwich an hour ago. Hope all enjoyed the big day & leftovers, if any.

2 Likes

Since this is the NJ Thanksgiving thread I will say this, for Thanksgiving I decided to dine out rather than cook. So for the first time I decided the Molly Pitcher was the only way to go for a holiday of this nature and boy was I disappointed!

This could be a case were they simply didn’t live up to the expectations the food at least was very good but the service and logistics were horrible. The lines go food was easily 10-15 mins per station, so you want one thing from each station you are easily in for a 15-20 Minute trip.

They had set seating times when we booked we took 2:30 and with them dictating the time and the place never being full we had to wait over a half an hour for our table.

Another example the egg station was in the desert room near the crapes, not sure people realized it was there, but then breakfast meats ie bacon & sausages were in another room on the buffet line. Just made no sense and was way over crowded.

Anywho still worth the no shopping or clean up!

2 Likes

We went to the “famous” Oyster Point Mother’s Day brunch one year and it was madness. I don’t recall long lines but there was an absurd amount of people and general chaos. I’ve never seen anything like it. I’m surprised that Molly Pitcher didn’t have their act together. Big buffets seem like they would be very much in their wheelhouse.

1 Like

Did someone just call me a “Ho” ? Lol. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, I think. :wink:

3 Likes

You are funny today @Karen_W! :joy_cat:

We’re all HOs here on Hungry Onion!! (and here in BJ we even have HOdowns :grin:

4 Likes

Did you type a B instead of an N? Hmmn.

1 Like

A Freudian slip perhaps…?

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking.

The secret is out. Now you know why the NJ board is so active. We have very special HOdowns.

8 Likes

OMG NOOOOO! Fat fingers on the phone :rofl::upside_down_face:

2 Likes