Happy Thanksgiving, you HOs!

For 2018, we went out to a South American restaurant. I never made it to the turkey station!

7 Likes

Did you misspell “ragrets?”

2 Likes

I think that was part of the joke lol

Good looking hog!

3 Likes

Wow, that piglet!

1 Like

Arugula salad with roasted butternut squash, red, and golden beets. No pictures of the rest of the meal as everyone started digging in before I could take pictures. On the menu was:

Turkey
Focaccia Stuffing
Pumpkin Baked Risotto
Suateed Shaved Brussel Sprouts with Cumin and Cranberries
Stuffed Derma/Kishke
Gravy
Spiced Cranberry Relish
Susan Stamberg’s MIL’s Cranberry Relish
Molasses Cookies (my FIL’s specialty)
Cranberry chocolate chip cookies
Pear Clafouti

I’m done cooking turkeys for a while now.

Missy

7 Likes
3 Likes

I love that movie.

That turkey was for 4 people and my son had 6 guests Friday after thanksgiving for seafood festival.
However, he and his GF( guest from Netherland) woke up at 11:00AM, rushed to shop at nearby DC
His other guests were supposed to arrive at 3:00PM, son only showed up when the first couple guests arrived. As he was leaving, he placed his rockfish ( caught by him) and a box of baby squids in a bowl of cold water. He says the shrimp can be defrosted fast.
He asked me to make cataplana ( shrimp, large squids, Costco’s frozen tilapia) .
I also made a double cream brie in puffed pastry shell,
butternut, beets, apple with baby arugula salad with lemon vinaigrette and feta cheese.
cooked some shishito pepper as appetizer.
There was a tray of variety of cheese also.
Guest ate those but the rockfish was still frozen, so they ate my left over turkey, yams , pie and savory corn
They left around midnight but one guest stayed till this morning. They never ate the seafood as they were full from whatever I had to offer them.
We had fried rockfish ( there was a lot) for dinner last night with the remaining 2 guest, She is leaving at 3:00PM for Amsterdam, so I do not know what to cook for lunch, (she is still sleeping as she was not crazy about fried rockfish) The other guest Ade breakfast and left this morning
Meanwhile, I have a plumber here bec I had no hot water for 5 hours yesterday, my dishwasher had no hot water the day before thanksgiving but I went ahead and ordered a Bosch to replace my miele which has been 29 years old, has to retire whether the plumber can fix it or not the Bosch will not arrive till a till next Friday.

2 Likes

I guess I need to see the movie!

1 Like

(It’s actually a very funny movie)

1 Like

In the category of, “Better late than…,” my latest blog post is about our Thanksgiving dinner with photos, of course.

My Blog
My Flickr

1 Like

A happy, HEARTY Thanksgiving to all! ENJOY!

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. God Bless us all for the good fortunes bestowed on us, for me that includes all of you.

Warmest regards.
Bob

10 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

:turkey:

6 Likes

Yayyy!

7 Likes

Just who are you calling a moist turkey???

Lol. Happy Thanksgiving All!

4 Likes

Adding my best to the NJ onions…all hungry and ready to celebrate! Happy Thanksgiving. :poultry_leg:

Hiccup.
Rooster

5 Likes

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2019/nov/28/video-humboldt-thanksgiving-moment-zen/

3 Likes

Cheers and HO hugs to everyone.

5 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Looking forward to seeing some great pics!

5 Likes