Happy Hours and Specials in NJ

On the Deck has Happy Hours from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Details on their site.

1 Like

Swim Crush, the new spot on the AP Boardwalk (where Cubacan used to be - underneath Watermark) is doing HH 3-7 Mon-Thurs. Haven’t been to HH yet, but the place has been hopping since they opened 4th of July weekend and friends have said they thought the food was really good.

It’s owned by the same team that owns Deal Lake Bar + Co, The Break, and Low Dive - and the soon-to-come big spot at Fort Monmouth.

I have not gone far into their menu, but the food is better than I expected there. In fact, I probably had my best softshell crab sandwich ever. Big meaty and not covered up with so many things that you can’t taste the crab.

1 Like

Lol, nevermind. The sammich was at Off the Hook. I always transpose those two.

Carry on.

You aren’t alone. I’ve never gotten this right either!

1 Like

We’ve never been to Off the Hook. Looking at their menu, I can see how you can confuse them with On the Deck. Lots of similarities. In fact, both websites look the same in terms of layout, fonts, etc. Makes me wonder if they have the same owner. In any case, I’m now interested in trying Off the Hook.

1 Like

You are probably correct re: ownership. I seem to recall hearing something like that from when they opened On the Deck.

Pretty sure most of them closed and some have opened in new places. Anyway I like them too! They got picked up by Landry’s recentlyish.

1 Like

When I called Off the Hook to get some info re: outdoor dining, I asked if they were related to On the Deck and was told they are “sister” restaurants.

2 Likes

2023 thread resurrection! @Roro1831 you start…

2 Likes

Hooray for this thread :+1:

1 Like

Ok, Al Ponte, 1311 Rt 35 S, Neptune.

Link to their happy hour menu below. I go for the wings (8 bucks) and Angels Envy Old Fashioned (9 bucks).
Daily 4-6 and all day Sunday, have to sit at the bar for it.
Went with a group on Monday and everyone ordered everything else from the happy our menu and said it was all good.

3 Likes

Looks good thanks for sharing

And my wife loves their chicken Parm, which they do with a vodka sauce

1 Like

4 Likes

This one excites me. Now I need to find a wed.

1 Like

Robinsons Ale House on the AP boardwalk

3 Likes

Baseline Social, the massive new sports/entertainment complex at Fort Monmouth, has BOGO burgers on Tuesday nights from 5pm-midnight.

I haven’t been yet, but this is the same group that owns Deal Lake Bar & Co, The Break and Low Dive, and Swim Crush (all on the AP boardwalk).

1 Like

Haven’t been to any of the aforementioned places are they any good?
I m about 20 minutes from Fort Monmouth so I’m waiting for reviews

I’ve been to all of the others, and the food is definitely acceptable+ but I will say that this hospitality group has a clue, and that counts for something in my book. Hoping they can maintain that it’s such a huge place!

2 Likes