Happy Holidays, HOs!

Popping in to wish this generous food community a very happy and relaxing holiday today!!

Rooster

8 Likes

Trust me—you’re a VERY good friend to help out! I sound like your friend-not religious at all, but it IS a lot of work to host a bunch of people and make all of that food and have it all ready at the right time! I certainly couldn’t do it without my friends’ help!

What you have here is the coffee and cardamom-rubbed brisket from the Zahav cookbook. It was FANTASTIC! I just needed an excuse to make it…

There was also some of this…

And when I say was, I mean WAS. All Mr. and @MsBean‘s fault!!

12 Likes

Wow, all the preparations and planning! But that’s just how we show our love to family and friends!

I followed the signs to notjr’s house, but there was a police and fire road block at the corner. I heard some talk about people in (food) comas.

So I continued on to pick up my mom, and we joined my sister and her family. My contribution was carrot cake, which I topped with candied carrot curls. Totally cute!

11 Likes

Easter Pie

12 Likes

I have to add that the Cook’s shank ham we had (free from Shop Rite) was GROSS. It went from 12 to probably 8 pounds by the time we cut all the fat off the outside. Then when starting to actually carve it, the fat and sinew throughout was nauseating. I was able to cut a few medallions off one of the sides low in fat, but that was it. Going to the gym puts things in perspective. When I’m gonna blow mega calories, I’m gonna do it on something good. I even tried to give some to my cat and he even looked up at me and meowed, “What is this shit?” It also had hardly any flavor.

I might just buy a couple of ham steaks next year since my mom just picks at a piece or two and my grandma is watching her sodium intake. It wasn’t worth it, free or not.

1 Like

You get what you pay for :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That Easter pie looks awesome.

4 Likes

Ain’t that the truth.

The price on it was around $20 had we not reached the level to get it for free. Had I actually spent money on it, I might have bagged it up and dumped it out on the customer service desk and asked for a refund.

3 Likes

Certainly well deserved!! I hope your guests were lovely and appreciative of your generosity!

1 Like

Thank you! (Also known as Pizza Rustica)

1 Like

Your carrot curls are adorable.

Were you able to get the Pizza Rustica from Burbelmaiers?

No, darn it! I just simply ran out of time and couldn’t get there before the holiday!

And thanks, the curls really made the cake, I think!

I’ll just respond here since it looks like an “open invitation”, here was the lay of the land at CasaNotJr:
(pictures often load out of order, sorry. A * indicated made by myself if not it was brought)

Apps:
*Raw bar, Olive oil and rosemary as well as Italian bread (shout out to Lidle for their excellent breads) * charcuterie, *Italian egg rolls, * stuffed Italian long hot peppers, jalapeno dip, taco salad

Entrees:
Stuffed artichokes, potato pie, *chicken tequila, stuffed mushrooms, ribs, *broccoli rabe, beef stroganoff, *mac n cheese, *brown rice.

Carving station:
*Teriyaki fliet mignon (bernaise a brown gravy), *Leg of lamb (mint jelly and dijon mustard), Ham

It’s the first leg of lamb I have made privately in years. It was delicious…a simple marinade of rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon juice, salt & pepper…sooooooo goooooood.

Deserts:

All brought too much to list.

14 Likes

That, I believe, is what’s known as a FEAST!!! Hope your guests appreciated how much work that took. And I’d like to say that the floatie for the raw bar IS. GENIUS.

4 Likes

They actually sell it as an inflatable food/beverage bar! I use it a couple of times a year, great tool for the job!

3 Likes

The food looks delicious. But I have to say my favorite part of the feast is the pooh/tigger serving dish :laughing:

4 Likes

Thank you! I wanted to help her as well as learn. Everything turned out so well with a lot of fun and interesting people there. Hope your Passover went well too. It IS a lot of work!

1 Like

That brisket looks fabulous! I put it on the do list & have that cookbook. Am going to pick up a bottle of the Pama as well - will put it in a cocktail for Greek Orthodox Easter. Thanks for the mentions!

2 Likes

All of this beautiful feast food looks delicious and am sure it was. JR,s extensive spread (food coma is right lol) Heidi’s carrot cake, the Easter pie, everything. Hope all had a tasty and fun day!

2 Likes