Haagen-Dazs Now Makes Drumsticks!

4 Likes

Oooh. I love drumsticks.

Hard pass for me.

I don’t need butter as part of my ice cream. And I certainly don’t need butter cookies as part of my frozen confections

There is no butter in the ice cream! And if you want it in a cone, there will be butter in it whether it is a waffle or cookie cone.

3 Likes

Went into town this morning to snag some of these… alas, they were no where to be found. I’m in a small town so maybe we are not a priority on the distribution timeline… but man I wanted those vanilla ones!

1 Like

Now if HD could only make a 16 oz pint.

3 Likes

According to the store websites, my Kroger affiliate has them but not Safeway or Walmart, yet. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and coffee supposedly in stock. Gotta start with vanilla for a drumstick. I’ll do that within the next couple of days.

Edit: Grrrr. The main search page for my local Kroger affiliate says “low stock” for the drumsticks, but when I go to the items’ pages it says “Product unavailable”. Guess I’ll be waiting a while.

My local store does have them. The store’s website is particular about navigating to an item. Do it the right way and it accurately shows what’s in stock, do it the wrong way and it says “product unavailable”. Vanilla Haagen Dazs drumsticks are back on the shopping list.

Please let us know if they taste as good as the pictures look.

I had the vanilla. It’s good but not as good as I had hoped. I’d prefer a stronger vanilla flavor and nuts instead of cookie pieces as a topping. The cone was similar to a shortbread cookie–dense, crumbly, and not too sweet. The caramel inside the ice cream is fairly liquidy. Haagen Dazs calls it a sauce, and it is.

I’ll try the chocolate some time, I’m sure. I think it will probably be better. I hope the fudge sauce gives it a nice chocolate punch because the ice cream doesn’t look like its chocolate flavor would be very intense. Again, cookie pieces instead of nuts, but chocolate is generally more to my tastes than vanilla. I may give the coffee a try, too. I’m not too big on coffee flavored ice cream, but I think it may work well here. And that one does have toasted almonds as a topping. I like strawberry ice cream, but I’m not a fan of raspberry flavored anything, so I’ll probably skip that one since it has raspberry sauce.

2 Likes

I’ve had the chocolate version and like it better than the vanilla, but these don’t meet expectations, IMO. There’s not as much fudge sauce as there was caramel in the vanilla cone, but it was decently chocolatey, still nothing to cheer about. And these cones are fairly expensive–4 to a box at $9 and not much product. I was lucky to find the chocolate ones on sale for $7. I’m not sure if these are even legitimately Haagen Dazs. The box says “Product of Spain.” I think I’m done with these. There are better ice cream treats for less money.

1 Like

That’s weird.

Is it “ice cream” or “frozen dairy dessert?” Any HFCS in the ingredient list?

Here’s the back of the box showing the ingredients and “Product of Spain”.

It’s more blurry than the pic I copied. There’s corn syrup but not HFCS.

“https://images.albertsons-media.com/is/image/ABS/970487433-A7N1?$ng-ecom-pdp-desktop$&defaultImage=Not_Available”

Photo too lo-rez for me to read. I got the following from their web site:

Cream
Sugar
Skim Milk
Wheat Flour
Butter
Coconut Oil
Egg Yolks
Sweetened Condensed Milk
Milk
Sugar
Chocolate
Sunflower Oil And/Or Rapeseed Oil
Lowfat Cocoa†
Brown Sugar
Cocoa Butter†
Citrus Fiber
Salt
Egg
Sunflower Lecithin
Vanilla Extract
Caramelized Sugar Syrup
Cocoa†
Soy Lecithin
Pectin
Natural Flavor
Baking Soda

†Rainforest Alliance Certified.

What did butter ever do to you?
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that the vanilla? The chocolate one has corn syrup as the 7th ingredient.

Yup. Guessing the syrup is used in the sauce. Ingredients of H-D chocolate ice cream are just Cream, Skim Milk, Cane Sugar, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Egg Yolks.

The differences in ingredients explain why the cone’s ice cream was not as satisfying as real HD. Another case of making a name for a brand but then degrade the brand for more profit.

1 Like

HD vanilla ice cream is skim milk, cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla… and those are in the ingredient list. The other stuff obviously makes up the cone and the topping/filling… so how can you conclude the ice cream is inferior?

1 Like