Grocery Outlet 2020 [Bay Area]

Nice. The bloody mary mix has a bold flavor but is a little thick. I find it needs to be cut with some tomato juice (or just extra vodka!).

You can really taste the celery in the bloody mary mix. I loved it. Need to get more. Note that I spotted it yesterday (in a slightly larger size) at Epicurean Trader for $9.99.

Vermont Street. At least it did last Friday.

1 Like

They had (have?) it at So. Van Ness too.

Checked South Van Ness for the McClure’s bloody mary mix and Talenti matcha ginger. They were out of the Talenti, and if they had the bloody mary mix, I couldn’t find it. They did have some more expensive bloody mary mix gift set with like mason jars for drinking glasses. I passed. They also had a few pints left of Talenti in a mint chocolate flavor, but I passed after realizing it was low-sugar gelato partially sweetened with erythritol.

They had some particularly interesting stuff in the beverage aisle. On closeout: Caskai “sparkling cascara infusion” made in Austria with cascara (the dried husk of the coffee cherry), sugar, carbonated water, tartaric acid (presumably for balance/preservative purposes). Not half bad!

I also picked up a bottle of D’Vash date syrup, made from 100% dates ($3.99). Curiously, the package lists no country of origin - it just says “distributed by: D’vash Organics” in LA. While D’vash’s organic syrups are made from California dates, this one isn’t, and appears to be made from imported deglet noor dates which are processed in the UAE. Couldn’t figure out whether the dates are actually also grown in the Emirates, or whether they are using dates from India that are shipped over to the UAE and processed there.

Tried out the Talenti Ginger Matcha got at Newark store. Very little ginger taste, no matcha at all. Taste sweet. Not recommended.

1 Like

Interesting–I got a little of the matcha flavor. It is a subtle gelato–it doesn’t hit you with a big ginger bite.

I’ve decided that going right after the store opens is the most optimal time. Not a lot of customers, and the shelves have been (mostly) restocked. Lots of fancy organic bottled teas at East Hayward today, including Tejana Organic Origins at 2/$1.00 (I got the Fujian Oolong and Hojira Green Tea varieties), and they had a full complement of Steve’s Ice Cream. I got pints of the Sicilian chocolate cannoli and blackberry crumble; they also had cinnamon cold brew, plus Haagen-Dazs’ midnight cookies and cream. Also picked up a package of carrot chips (just carrots and salt) that looks good.

2 Likes

How are Steve’s ice cream? Maybe I should try them next. The Tejana teas how many ounces? Are the cans or bottles?

At the PA store over the weekend:

They also have a bunch of fancy tea. I got the Oolong one from Tejava.

Not that this is any cheaper than the other pasture-raised eggs at GO, but these Vital Farms sure are cheaper than the same Vital Farms eggs at Whole Foods.

French butter cookies. My wife liked them. I haven’t tried it yet.

3 Likes

Not bad. Depends on the flavor. I wasn’t a fan of the Spearmint Chocolate Brownie, probably because I get the peppermint + chocolate combo but somehow spearmint + chocolate seems off.

I wish this sucked, but it’s really good.

4 Likes

Over the weekend at the PA store.

Tomato basil/ marinara pasta sauce from Rao’s:

I have to say, the banana flavor in a chocolate is a little odd.

Various Amy’s soups:

Fresh noodles comes cheaper elsewhere. But here’s a lower price for Nona Lim’s.

Hmmph, goat milk icecream:

2 Likes

There is now more McClure’s bloody mary mix at the South Van Ness store. It’s in the ketchup/mayo/bbq sauce section. Seriously. It’s the spicy variety. I bought 3.

2 Likes

Over the weekend at the PA store:

Chocolate:
Whole Foods 71% cacao dark chocolate $1.99
Whole Foods 32% cacao milk chocolate $1.99
Moonstruck Sea Salt Toffee 31% cacao milk chocolate $1.99
Cemoi chocolate truffles $5.99
Mauna Loa Dark chocolate macadamias $4.99

Peeled Snacks Peas Please habanero lime organic baked peas $.99
Peeled Snacks White cheddar organic baked pea puffs $1.49
Peeled Snacks aged parmesan organic baked pea puffs $1.49
Mary’s Gone Crackers organic super seed crackers $0.50
Annie’s Organic bunny graham’s chocolate box $.99- that’s very cheap

Straus organic non fat plain yogurt $3.498

Danville product- Sky Valley Aji Rocoto/ Arbol pepper hot sauce $1.99 i got the rocoto one and am enjoying it.
Emeryville product- Hollis St coffee $4.99- orgnaic espresso blend whole bean 11oz dark roast

Still plenty of Rao’s marinara/ tomato basil pasta sauce at $6.99

Oakland GO on Tuesday morning, September 8, 2020 during the senior 10% discount on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday mornings of the month. All prices listed are before the discount.

$4.99 Mainland New Zealand Vintage Grass-Fed Cheddar Aged 24 months, 1 lb. a wonderful sharp cheddar, from Fonterra which might be connected to Anchor, an award winner.

Mainland Vintage Cheddar: a mature, full-flavored, slightly crumbly cheese marbled with naturally occurring salt crystals. Hand selected by Mainland’s Cheddar Masters and set aside to naturally age for two years, the strong piquant flavor and creamy finish can only be achieved with the finest of Cheddars.

Flavor: strong cheddar flavor

http://mainlandcheese.com/faq/

Mainland Vintage Aged up to 24 Months

Mainland Vintage Aged up to 24 Months

Score: 88% ($18.00 per kg)

Tasting notes: An excellent vintage cheese. Clean acid profile with balanced cheesy notes and salt. Long finish, great complexity. Great texture – good resistance and distribution of crystals. Nice crunch in the paste.

$4.99 Primal Kitchen Pesto Mayo with Avocado Oil and Organic Eggs, 12 oz. Distributed by Primal Nutrition of Oxnard, CA

99 cents SO Organic Coconut Unsweetened Vanilla, 32 oz.

99 cents, Elmhurst Hemp Creamer, lightly sweetened Hazelnut, 16 oz.

99 cents, Elmhurst Hemp Creamer, lightly unsweetened French Vanilla 16 oz.

50 cents, Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Yogurt Plain 6 oz.

3 Likes

Time for some cheddar!

1 Like

I picked up that Vintage NZ cheddar from the Silver Avenue SF location, but it is a 16 oz pack.

1 Like

Thanks. In the description I put that it is 1 lb. (454 grams) which is what I got but the only similar picture I could find on the web was of the 7 oz. package. Do you like it? $5/lb for that cheese sounds like a pretty good deal.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it yet but I generally like bold cheddar and the description sounds good - and price is right!

1 Like

Geary Boulevard G.O. Has some hot booze deals.
image image image image image image