Grocery Outlet 2020 [Bay Area]

This is really god gin, I went back and picked up another bottle after tasting it.

1 Like

@brisket44

Is that a 1.75 liter bottle? :hushed:

No 750 ml. Quite god though, I like it better than bombay saphire.

1 Like

Significant endorsement! Thank you for the post. And reply.

Not available on Geary. (To quote husband: “The crappiest GrossOut.”)

I find the one on Silver Ave to be the most disappointing in SF. Smaller selection of organic stuff and they don’t sell hard alcohol.

True, but they also seem to have good stuff long after it disappears at the other SF GO stores, perhaps because the neighborhood it serves is less posh.

They all have their pluses and minuses (I have not been to the Visitacion Valley store in ages). Geary has a great owner who knows his stuff and IME the best-curated booze selection of the SF stores, but is small and other stuff can be limited. The Mission has the space for lots of good stuff but it tends to sell out very quickly, and I’m always finding myself rolling my eyes at the management of the place.

1 Like

That is true. I’ve gotten some good wines there after they are gone at the other SF G.O.s. I shop at the the one on Bayshore more than any others. Mission, Silver Ave and Bayshore are all roughly the same time/distance from my house - Geary is the other side of town so I only pop in there when I’m in the neighborhood.

The East Hayward GO always has lots of wine and good beer, but the spirits are usually some odd off-brands.

At the PA store over the weekend:

Pretty good sour gummy:

Lots of Straus yogurt in various sizes:

Three twins icecreams:

Halibut:

2 Likes

If anyone sees any Japanese junmai sake at ANY Grocery Outlet, please post!! Thank you!

2 Likes

Yeah I regret not picking up another bottle of that Soto.

Found for $11.99 at the East Hayward GO, so I picked up a bottle. I saw a few name-brand spirits today, including Maker’s Mark 46 for $34.99.

Also picked up Fiscalini Purple Moon Cheddar and those Late July saltines. Sadly, the most interesting flavors of Steve’s Ice Cream they had were dairy-free, though they did have Ciao Bella chocolate gelato and Talenti Ginger Matcha gelato. A lot of dairy-free frozen desserts make their way to our GO for some reason.

4 Likes

Not just at yours. Very regularly most of the frozen desserts at our GO are non-dairy as well. Takes some effort to find the ones with milk.

1 Like

Same situation at Geary and S. Van Ness locations. There is just a lot of unloved fake ice cream out there. I personally would never buy it.

2 Likes

Bayshore Blvd SF
I really dig that Bloody Mary mix, $1.50 a jar, picked up 6 jars… didn’t buy the massive tub of butter but thought it was amusing.

2 Likes

Stacks of the Hiro sake at the Palo Alto store this weekend. I picked one up.

Some sightings of Seattle chocolate here.

Cheap Heinz.

This is like Skittles but natural.

2 Likes

That Hiro sake is really good. I hope more of it makes its way to SF. (They were selling it at the Geary store several weeks ago.) I might have to make my way to Bayshore for the Bloody Mary mix.

ETA: Bought one of the Bloody Mary mix. It’s really good. Husband reports the Hiro sake is also at Geary store, but very tiny bottles. Probably smaller than the 300 ml you posted.

Which Hayward location has the Talenti ginger matcha gelato? I want to try it.

W. Harder Rd, Vermont St, Mission Blvd?